Preface to Facelift IPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preface to Facelift IPC

Carried out this conversion over the weekend. Works pretty well except you lose certains due to being different type of system.

Items required. The facelift cluster. Facelift Steering wheel, facelift airbag. 2012 bcm with same type of spec as yours, ie elite to elite to keep the afls working correctly... climate ecu so the compressor kicks in and work...

Radio controls - wont work due to looking for the intellilink setup
    Bluetooth - needs to be tested...
    Cruise Control - being tested tonight...

Pictures to follow

Click image for larger version

Name:	install.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	248907

Name:	GS Buick theme.jpg
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	248911

Name:	installed powered up.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	248908

Name:	fuel economy.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	248909

Name:	G force meter.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	248910
    Last edited by plasma; 28-01-2019, 05:57 PM.
    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Nice work, will you be able to get the mileage to display?

Comment

Excellent progress, keep up the good work Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
        . Have you sold your siggy yet lewish.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          . Have you sold your siggy yet lewish.
          Nope the Merc is being built as we speak. It arrives around the 8th of April. Then I will be looking to sell for around £5000 with roughly 55k miles (51k) at the moment.

Comment

Oh yes, not a problem, that was trail fitting the 8inch cluster to tease my mate , the standard 4inch version went in instead .. i'll get him to pop along and put up the pictures or send them to me

Comment

Wow you're a brave man. looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Great work

Comment

Nope the Merc is being built as we speak. It arrives around the 8th of April. Then I will be looking to sell for around £5000 with roughly 55k miles (51k) at the moment.
                You're minted Lewish

Comment

Originally posted by morph View Post
                  Wow you're a brave man. looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Great work
                  The guinea pig plasma is using is brave , but he has absolute confidence in plasma, he is very tech savvy, and on parr with the technical guys you see. Plasma really knows his stuff

Comment

You're minted Lewish
                    It's my wife's car being built. Sell mine, use her old one and order mine

Comment

It's my wife's car being built. Sell mine, use her old one and order mine
                      Oh right, but you still getting a new car of your own.

Comment

Oh right, but you still getting a new car of your own.
                        Yes, in time

Comment

Plasma [emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319] great work.

Just out of interest, with all the bits needed to do the upgrade what rough price will it cost?
                          sigpic

Comment

still a work in progress at the moment, got to sort out an issue with cruise controls the working the wrong way around and a couple of other bits, but people can supply their own items (following a set criteria of what to look for) or I can provide them.. No prices as of yet, but a rough guess would be £40 steering wheel, £80-120 for airbag, £40 cluster (need to be correct for TPMS and AFL's or will need SPS'ing at £40), and BCM (again needs to be correct for your car, if u have an elite then you need a 2012 elite bcm, and also a 2012 climate ecu as well... Something like that lot you can purchase over the course of some months then come to me to have it fitted and working..

I reckon with the programming involved and re-wiring labour costs would be approx £100..

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                              still a work in progress at the moment, got to sort out an issue with cruise controls the working the wrong way around and a couple of other bits, but people can supply their own items (following a set criteria of what to look for) or I can provide them.. No prices as of yet, but a rough guess would be £40 steering wheel, £80-120 for airbag, £40 cluster (need to be correct for TPMS and AFL's or will need SPS'ing at £40), and BCM (again needs to be correct for your car, if u have an elite then you need a 2012 elite bcm, and also a 2012 climate ecu as well... Something like that lot you can purchase over the course of some months then come to me to have it fitted and working..

I reckon with the programming involved and re-wiring labour costs would be approx £100..
                              So not mega mega money then.

[emoji1303]
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X