Dash cam and radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash cam and radio

Hi all I have a preface lift with a navi 900, I recently purchased a dashcam which mounts to the rear view mirror. The car is an elite so has an auto dim mirror and headlight and wiper sensors behind it. I have noticed that with the dash cam I have trouble with radio signal is there part of the aerial in the mirror and if so is there any way to shield it so that it's not affected by the dashcam

Cheers

Chris

Is the dashcam by any chance plugged into the 12v\fag lighter socket?

Comment

Yeah the one for the rear seats

Comment

Possible it's the cheap adapter for dash cam.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Cheers will try a better one

Comment

Originally posted by 1989arnie View Post
            Yeah the one for the rear seats
            Not sure if the back one does it but folk have had issues before, i had it in my old Focus, where an iffy power adaptor in the 12V socket kills the radio signal. Mine was a phone holder\charger\FM transmitter thing all in one unit. Plugged in and the FM reception was awful but if you pushed it in so it wasnt quite far enough in to pick up power it was fine. Also seen threads on here before with similar issues with USB power adaptors or dashcam power units.

Comment

Try a piggy back fuse into fuse box behind glove box , piggy back it with the fuse for the cigarette lighters , and run the cable behind the A pillar into roof lining and across then " hay presto " !

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
              X