X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto light sensitivity

Hi all,
    Just picked up a MY14 Insignia Elite.

Loving the car and the drive at the moment, but have found an annoying quirk with the auto lights.
    It seems to be really sensitive and even when it's light out, it switches the lights on and the satnav etc to night mode. Usually that makes it hard to see!

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity and make it a bit less eager?
    Couldn't see anything in the settings menu on the car.

Thanks,
    J

Originally posted by JayWales View Post
    Hi all,
    Just picked up a MY14 Insignia Elite.

Loving the car and the drive at the moment, but have found an annoying quirk with the auto lights.
    It seems to be really sensitive and even when it's light out, it switches the lights on and the satnav etc to night mode. Usually that makes it hard to see!

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity and make it a bit less eager?
    Couldn't see anything in the settings menu on the car.

Thanks,
    J
    Simple as a good clean of glass and sensor /lens behind rear view mirror.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hello welcome to the forum.
      That is very normal behaviour, mine does it, it can get annoying, it turns itself on and then off again after a short period, when the natural light changes.
      Don't think there is a way to change it, i may have enquired it with the stealers 4 years ago, so i just left it and stuck with it. However please check the brightness level to maximum for your dashboard lights that also controls the brightness for the nav screen, its a scroll wheel next to your headlights switch.

Comment

It seems pretty clean & clear there, but I'll give it another polish see if that helps.
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          Hello welcome to the forum.
          That is very normal behaviour, mine does it, it can get annoying, it turns itself on and then off again after a short period, when the natural light changes.
          Don't think there is a way to change it, i may have enquired it with the stealers 4 years ago, so i just left it and stuck with it. However please check the brightness level to maximum for your dashboard lights that also controls the brightness for the nav screen, its a scroll wheel next to your headlights switch.
          Thanks, yeah that's what I've ended up doing, whacking up the brightness - Then back down when it's actually dark.
          That's my only niggle so far

Comment

Mine did it all the time. Park under a tree on drive, soon as move it changes . Cleaning sorted mine out, or go to settings and choose day as opposed to auto or night.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              go to settings and choose day as opposed to auto or night.
              This also changes the map views

Comment

My Insignia does this also. But I also see this from other brands. I do a fair bit of motorway driving and when my auto lighting flicks on so does cars from Audi, Merc, BMW. I wouldn't worry you can force the day setting for the sat nav in the settings.

Comment

Where is the sensor positioned, in an earlier post it was quoted as being a part of the red alarm light on the dash. I'm still having issues with the auto lighting. It pleases itself when it wants to turn off. Takes ages, even in bright sunny weather. I've grown accustomed to it now, bit of a pain in the arse but works fine one day, and not the next. A pictorial would be appreciated, as I tend to wipe the alarm light occasionally.....

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                    Where is the sensor positioned, in an earlier post it was quoted as being a part of the red alarm light on the dash. I'm still having issues with the auto lighting. It pleases itself when it wants to turn off. Takes ages, even in bright sunny weather. I've grown accustomed to it now, bit of a pain in the arse but works fine one day, and not the next. A pictorial would be appreciated, as I tend to wipe the alarm light occasionally.....
                    Behind the interior mirror.
                    Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

Where is the sensor positioned, in an earlier post it was quoted as being a part of the red alarm light on the dash...
                      It's part of the red alarm light on dash. Cover it during the day and you'll see the lights flick on. When you uncover it, they turn off.
                      My sensor is also very sensitive. If I go under a railway bridge, the lights come on. Programmers should at least have built in a few seconds of leeway for the likes of bridges.

Comment

Where is the sensor positioned.
                        If non afl,its the alarm indicator..if its afl,the sensor is in the black panel around the rear view mirror
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

My auto lights seem to just be on all the time, so I just do it manually, I can imagine people in the future will forget how to use lights themselve haha
                          2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                          honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Working...
                          X