20" Elite for swaps with 19 atomics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
    Agree with everything so far, would have loved to have those wheels on my Elite...think are probably one of the nicest wheel options for the Insignia.

With the colour and options on the car you have as well they give a bit of an extra classy look compared to how the atomics would look. I'd be looking into all the other options to improve the noise\ride first before resorting to swapping the wheels.
    Completely agree with these comments.
    sigpic

Comment

Calm down taking the piss out of the atomics. Some members like them. You're insulting their tastes.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

The Atomics are a nice looking wheel and suit the Insignia very well..........................just not as nice as the 20" Multi Spokes
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

It's a bloody wheel, it turns. Lol

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
            It's a bloody wheel, it turns. Lol
            It does..........IT TURNS US ON!!!
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

The OP wants a more comfortable ride. Not the piss took out of him. That's my gripe. I've said it before. In an ideal world we'd all have 20s but the **** holes we call roads in this country mean we have to make a choice between the smaller wheel for more comfort or the bigger wheel with the harsher ride. Remember what you feel is the whacks and bangs the rest of the car feels.... Namely suspension and actual wheels.

I've said it elsewhere....My son's brother in law works at a wheel refurb place and he said the amount of 20" wheels that come out the acid bath and show all the fractures previously hidden by the paint from driving on our roads is shocking.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                The OP wants a more comfortable ride. Not the piss took out of him. That's my gripe. I've said it before. In an ideal world we'd all have 20s but the **** holes we call roads in this country mean we have to make a choice between the smaller wheel for more comfort or the bigger wheel with the harsher ride. Remember what you feel is the whacks and bangs the rest of the car feels.... Namely suspension and actual wheels.

I've said it elsewhere....My son's brother in law works at a wheel refurb place and he said the amount of 20" wheels that come out the acid bath and show all the fractures previously hidden by the paint from driving on our roads is shocking.
                It's a fair point Mark, in particular the reference to the damage caused by potholes as the road conditions in this country are truly shocking

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

I don’t feel anyone has taken the piss out of him. Have just said his current wheels are rare and make the car look much better than atomics

My personal opinion in ride comfort between 17,s and 20,s is nothing. I started with 17’s, then moved to 19’s and then moved to 20’s. Then lowered and then got new 20’s. Hardly any difference at all, the lowered springs make you feel the bumps more but that’s it. Day to day driving there is hardly any difference at all. My current set of 20’s have slightly bigger tyres which helps very slightly but nothing major at all.

Think everyone just wanted to let him know his car is mint at the moment, and he would be making a mistake to change. If he wants to change that is his choice. It’s his car. I’m sure if he wanted aftermarket 20’s the same response would of been had as there are few wheels that are better then these elite 20’s.
                  sigpic

Comment

I know.....I wasn't paddying. I was just pointing out the other side.

Comment

Right guys. Thanks a lot for your help. But I’m going to stick with my 20 for the moment. I will look into getting different tyres and take it from there. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Good choice [emoji1303]
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
                          Good choice [emoji1303]
                          Dunlop and nexen new have some really quiet tyres. Although, as someone is saying, it’s not alway the quality of the tyres but mostly the quality of the roads. I must be getting used to them and only after I get the quieter tyres I can judge if I wanna change them or not !

Comment

Originally posted by sinless View Post
                            Dunlop and nexen new have some really quiet tyres. Although, as someone is saying, it’s not alway the quality of the tyres but mostly the quality of the roads. I must be getting used to them and only after I get the quieter tyres I can judge if I wanna change them or not !
                            Good choice i have these wheels after upgrading from 18s 10 spoke elites, and the difference of ride quality is barely noticeable if at all. Atomics are nice but common not saying anything wrong with them but those 20s elites are the dogs especially in the factory colour.
                            For Tyres i would highly recommend Landsail, i had no issues with them, very good rating, cheap and quiet

Comment

Teo, you wouldn’t have had these problems if you’d got a mondeo! ��

Comment

Originally posted by Unilateral View Post
                                Teo, you wouldn’t have had these problems if you’d got a mondeo! ��
                                I know. Funny !

Comment

Working...
                                X