• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special tool needed, but which one?

Good day!

I want to replace my drive shaft.
    Car is a 2010 1.6 Turbo insignia.
    I have a socket but it can’t be fitted, there is no room, the inner cv joint is in front of it.

Can somebody tell me which special tool is needed to open the bolts on the transmission side to remove the drive shaft?

Thanks very much!!

It just pulls out of transmission, no bolts to undo
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      It just pulls out of transmission, no bolts to undo
      Hi Exclusiv,

Allright thanks,

But is it correct that there are four bolts behind the inner cv joint, that it gives the suggestion that they need to be unscrewed? Just to be sure that we have the same chocolate M32 6 manual transmission.

And...will there be oil or not when I take it off?
      The stealers told me there will be oil bit if you say it will pull right out, then it is possible that there will be no oil.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Are you on about the short shaft, passenger side,, and yes, there will be oil, get ready with a rag, to bung the hole, till you're ready to insert new one
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          Are you on about the short shaft, passenger side,, and yes, there will be oil, get ready with a rag, to bung the hole, till you're ready to insert new one
          Yes the short shaft, drivers side with me.
          Allright thanks!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Take care when inserting new shaft,, the drives haft oil seals are not very strong, and easily damaged,, and they are a bit of a pig to replace

Comment

Working...
            X