knock knock...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knock knock...

Guys, new to this forum so would appreciate any help you may be able to offer.

2015 Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTI Ecoflex -

I'm getting a knocking sound from the drivers side foot well when breaking. Just a single knock and not repetitive. Its also an intermittent knock so it doesn't happen all the time. Any ideas as to what this could be?

Guemlum45

Exact same problem I’m having and the reason i joined this group any ideas? Mine can come from either side though then nothing for days

Comment

Afternoon to ya both , did you find out what was causing the knocking as I am suffering the same symptoms , or can any one point me in what I need to be checking , cheers andy(it's sort of a deep knock if that makes sense)😆

Comment

Hi

I have a 2011 A so don't know if 100% the same but don't see how it would be much different.
        when I had a knock like that it turned out to be my inner CV joint

wasn't related to speed, breaking, bumps, turning etc.

Comment

Hi Andy, sorry IÂ’m still investigating this knock!! ItÂ’s been into two different garages and nothing!! I also now has a wobble at 70+
          My friend let me borrow his chassis ears I clipped the sensors on everything I could and loudest knock was track rod off the end of the steering rack!

ItÂ’s had:
          New wishbones
          Drop links
          Shocks

Comment

Hi Andy, I cured it!! Lower rear suspension bush must have been loose, I was ready to replace the bushes/roll bar bushes/engine mounts/tie rods today but after changing the engine mounts and lower suspension bush the knock had gone I noticed some ware marks on the bushes like they’ve been taking up some slack and knockingClick image for larger version

Name:	1547A818-2ADD-47A4-B47E-368625F676DC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	243402

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1FC3EE3B-FF53-4AB8-BE2E-5788C8DF939A.jpg
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	243403Click image for larger version

Name:	EAD9A899-7AE7-4838-A4A7-0C53363B10D2.jpg