New Member.. WORRIED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member.. WORRIED!

Hi, just bought a 09 2.0 cdti elite a week ago.

Unfortunately a couple of days into ownership, and the dreaded LOW Oil Pressure warning popped up on first thing start.

I instantly turned the car off, and had it recovered to a local garage.

Oil pick up seal replaced, along with oil pressure sensor (Euro part not VX). new filter and oil.

Picked up the car earlier today, no warning.. life was good again.

But after driving around a bit this evening the LOW Oil Pressure warning popped up again .

This time it stayed on. BUT if I raise the revs even a little the warning disappears.

Sat here seriously worried!

Just hope there is some hope.

Thanks for reading my story!

Daz

Welcome and hope you can get this sorted fairly quick.

To start with did you buy private or of a dealer? If dealer you should have taken back to them to get repaired.

I would now take back the garage who done the work and say sort it as this shouldn’t be happening. Maybe a dodgy sensor?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
      Welcome and hope you can get this sorted fairly quick.

To start with did you buy private or of a dealer? If dealer you should have taken back to them to get repaired.

I would now take back the garage who done the work and say sort it as this shouldn’t be happening. Maybe a dodgy sensor?
      Dealer not interested.

I hope its a dodgy 3rd party sensor, I`m going to get a genuine VX one tomorrow. the car is now back outside the garage that did the pick up seal.

Would like them to do a bar test to see if its just the sensor.

Do you know what the readings should be?

thanks for your reply

Daz

Comment

Working...
      X