No announcement yet.

Rear Drivers Side Light Leaking Water Into the Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, did you get chance to seal the hole between the bumper & the bodywork? Mine has not had a leak since, time to make sure the seats are fully dry and refit the boots soundproofing and matts etc

Comment

Give them a spray of 'Febreeze',will help when drying out
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
        Give them a spray of 'Febreeze',will help when drying out
        Cheers, buddy,

I used some Zflora (Wife has a shed load of cleaning stuff) apparently not for my use haha

The Zflora is also for removing the smell of pets including wee etc...

Tomorrow as its dry weather, boot open, hair dryer on warm, then my rotating fan on it to speed up the process

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne_Eco View Post
          Hey, did you get chance to seal the hole between the bumper & the bodywork? Mine has not had a leak since, time to make sure the seats are fully dry and refit the boots soundproofing and matts etc
          Sorry didn’t reply mate, not yet, I’ve been on earlys, 5.30am go 4.30’pm so come home time I’m in “chill” mode ha ha. I’ve got a long weekend coming up so I’ll be sure to crack on sat or sun, also will have Mrs at home to pour water as I lay in the car, will update with results, hope this has fixed yours mate [emoji1690]

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Don't forget to remove the air vent and only pour the water through the hole in the bumper/bodywork like the image I added, it should come through quite fast, if the soundproof stinks and the rest of the boot, use Zflora pet stuff, it gets rid of the turd like smell

I sprayed the whole of the stuff took out of the boot with the Zflora (Pet stuff) and then hung it in the shower to dry, also put it around the house to dry, the wife was not too happy coming home to it tho ha ha

If it pours through unload the silicone gun until filled, try to get some red silicone tho, yours will look crap with white like mine

Comment

Just thought i'd resurrect this thread as it came in handy as was tracking down some water ingress...

I had checked the bits under the plastic on the top of the tailgate opening, nope... checked boot seal, nope, checked rear light, nope, checked pollen filter, nope.. then checked the boot vent and yep.. that was it.
              Was causing a weird issue with the electrics where none of the doors would open via remote or in the car..... seemed deadlocking was on, although the pins were going up and down couldnt open the door... Had to get into the car via the side window ... looks i got from people doing my starsky and hutch impression!! dried out the carpets, fixed the leak, i went for a different way of fixing it.... I removed park pilot which someone had ran the wiring through the vent for it.. I removed the vent, got a bin liner (thick one) put it over the whole, then refitted the vent making it water tight.. then just cut around bin liner to correct size.. Job done and oh electrics are now fine!
              Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
              questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Working...
              X