Resistor help on Pre Face...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistor help on Pre Face...

Been told a while ago that the reverse light on a preface is not checked by the canbus system? So upgraded the bulb to led the other week and since then the bulb warning message comes up for the reverse light on the dash, so then was told to wire in a resistor so have done this tonight and yet the warning light is still coming up??? Put the resistor on to the wire that came out on the multiPlug labelled A. Any help Guys???

What else did you connect the resistor to??.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
      What else did you connect the resistor to??.
      Was told to just put it in the live feed (wire A.) there where 5 wires in the multi plug.Think A. Was the live feed. The resistor was same as photo, one wire in and one out.

Comment

....other end to earth wire ( common ) probably black ......but i would check A is the live feed to the reverse light first......

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
          ....other end to earth wire ( common ) probably black ......but i would check A is the live feed to the reverse light first......
          Thanks for the reply, so it’s positive to Earth with the resistor?

Comment

Correct.
            That’s why I asked where else you connected the resistor to.
            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Working...
            X