Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get to a 2009 cdti fuel pump

Hi All,

This is my first post so hello to you all. I'm sorry if this has been posted before, i've looked on some of the how 2s and couldn't find an answer.

Yesterday my car decided not to start, after doing some troubleshooting i've come to the concluson that the fuel pump has failed. I have ordered a new one which arrives tomorrow and was hoping to prep and get things ready tonight so I can fit it. I have removed the back seats and the insulation under the seats. I can see the shape of the fuel pump but there is a plastic/metal plate over it, which also covers most of the back seat. It seems to be glued down, does anyone know how to remove it or is it something that can easily be cut around?

The car is in my office car park so keen to get it fitted asap before my boss starts giving me **** as we are in a shared services office.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Ed

Not had this dubious pleasure myself, but to access the lift pump Mr Haynes says that you have to drop the tank from underneath the car.

It doesn't sound like the sort of job you would want to tackle in a car park.

Comment

Trying to avoid taking it to a dealer where possible. Seems I can see the shape of the pump, but there is like a moulded sheet over the whole back seat. It is not part of the seat just covers it.

Bit dubious about this one myself, i've done a few fuel pumps with no problems but this would be the first insignia. I don't want to remove something if i dont have to

Comment

Well, I know Haynes book is not always 100% reliable, but it's the only thing I have to go on. It says access is from underneath, by dropping the fuel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy5574 View Post
          Hi All,

This is my first post so hello to you all. I'm sorry if this has been posted before, i've looked on some of the how 2s and couldn't find an answer.

Yesterday my car decided not to start, after doing some troubleshooting i've come to the concluson that the fuel pump has failed. I have ordered a new one which arrives tomorrow and was hoping to prep and get things ready tonight so I can fit it. I have removed the back seats and the insulation under the seats. I can see the shape of the fuel pump but there is a plastic/metal plate over it, which also covers most of the back seat. It seems to be glued down, does anyone know how to remove it or is it something that can easily be cut around?

The car is in my office car park so keen to get it fitted asap before my boss starts giving me **** as we are in a shared services office.

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

Ed
          hi I think I've commented on your other post, the tank does have to come out, no other way I'm afraid. did mine last week was quite simple once you get the car high enough.

Comment

Working...
          X