X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD400 Turning off and on

Hi all,

New here, so a big hello to you all.

In the last two weeks I have bought a Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 Ecotec 2010. It has done 77k Miles and is a brilliant car, fell in love after a test drive.

I unfortunatley have had a few problems, a few in which I have sorted myself, however I am left with two big ones that I want others views on before I dulge into loads of money at Vauxhall as I have been to a local and they tell me that I need a vauxhall diagnostic machine on it to code etc.

1. only started this morning (after heavy rain last night if this matters). Put the key in ignition start the engine, radio now hesitates to come on but then comes on. Then will go off. Will look like its trying to come on the screen will flicker and eventually it will come on, but sometimes goes off whilst driving. This is an issue as the radio doesn't work, but also I cannot access the vehicle management menu or control my heating as it all goes through the screen. My worry is that this may be a new radio or some sort of computer that controls the lot? I have been informed that there was a technical bulletin where the water leaks in through the wiper arm and on the harness of the radio? If anyone knows about this. I have had a battery test done and it come back as a good battery. I am stumped, and it only started this morning after the rain last night. The radio unit is a CD400 and the climate control runs through it also.

2. On a side note the only other problem I have is the lights behind the speedo clocks, some of them flicker on and off, and go off completely when dimming the brightness. Am informed the whole speedo needs changing as LED, is this correct?

Any help on the radio matter would be brilliant, as its frustrating and am worried about a rather large hole left in the wallet because of it.

Many thanks to all,

Tom.
    Working in A&E for the [COLOR="#0000FF"][B][I]NHS[/I][/B][/COLOR] by day and car enthusiast by night.

I appreciate your frustration, I have had the excact same issue ongoing for months now, some have had success with replacing the battery, I have suspected my issues are after the car been in the rain, I didn't know about the possible leaking wiper arm. Unfortunately mine does it even if I have the car in the garage overnight.

Comment

Sounds like water ingress, If you have any where dry to keep it overnight then it works fine you might be lucky by just fixing leak but if its been doing it for some time the corrosion might have got hold in which case new loom or repair to old one. If it was my car i would try accessing loom and look for tell tale signs of water (dampness and or corrosion on any connectors).

Comment

Did you managed to sort this, my car is running fine engine wise but my centre console will turn off while driving and my dashboard with the Speedo with also randomly do this. This mainly happens when the brake or indicator is or if I use the main beam then both will cut out and the coke back on.

the battery has been replaced recently and is fine….

Comment

Originally posted by VaxuInsigna21 View Post
          Did you managed to sort this, my car is running fine engine wise but my centre console will turn off while driving and my dashboard with the Speedo with also randomly do this. This mainly happens when the brake or indicator is or if I use the main beam then both will cut out and the coke back on.

the battery has been replaced recently and is fine….
          2 year old thread buddy.....and the op hasn't been on since.

Your better starting your own thread that way you might get an answer quicker.

Comment

Working...
          X