Greetings to you all! Excited new owner here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings to you all! Excited new owner here

I've joined the forum a few days ago but have apparently lost all of my manners in doing so and completely forgot to introduce myself.

I'm Justin, but you can call me whatever you like (and I'm sure someone is now going to refer to me as "whatever you like" everywhere I go). I've joined the Insignia owners club last weekend with a lovely little 09, 1.8 VVT I Elite, with which I'm very quickly falling in love with. Ever since then I've been frantically reading on what I can do to it, common issues on how to fix them, and pretty much enjoying the car.

Sadly, I won't be able to drive it for the next few days due to:
    - It needs a full service as it's really due one.
    - I don't know when the timing belt was last changed so I don't want to risk that re-modelling my valves if it breaks.
    - The gearbox is concerning a little. Gears 1 and 5 move the stick about 1cm when applying the throttle even a little, but it never jumps out of gear. I've read it's a pretty common problem so I'm not overly concerned but I don't want to make it worse. I've posted a job on whocanfixmycar.com and I'm waiting for quotes. If anyone has any experience with this issue and think they can help it would be grately appreciated.

I've also started another thread here https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...are-my-options regarding the head unit. I've ordered one of those Tesla-style units from aliexpress and will take a shot at whacking it in myself. I'll keep that thread updated with photos and videos of my progress.

Thanks for reading and I hope to interact with as many of you as I can over the comming years! I wish I knew insignias were such nice, comfortable cars. My previous car was a 2017 VW Scirrocco R-line and honestly the Insignia is just strikingly better for me (please bare in mind, I don't like going fast, I like going smooth).

Ok i'll stop wasting your time now, thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	498b57f8538b490d9284e61778d7b183.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	248928
    When you're on a chicken bender grab yourself some chicken tender BACK-BADACK!

Hi whatever you like,

That's a nice looking car you got there and I see you like a nice background in your pics. Make sure you look out for our monthly competition called Photo Of The Month (usually open for entries around the 15th of each month).

It's a shame you have some issues but it looks like you'll soon have them sorted. I take it the car was a private buy or you would have been going back to the dealer you bought it from to have the issues sorted.

Originally posted by taranasus View Post
    please bare in mind, I don't like going fast, I like going smooth
    Snap!
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      Hi whatever you like,
      There it is!

That's a nice looking car you got there and I see you like a nice background in your pics. Make sure you look out for our monthly competition called Photo Of The Month (usually open for entries around the 15th of each month).
      Thank you very much, I do find it quite lovely myself. -- HONNEY! Get the DSLR's out we got a job to do!

It's a shame you have some issues but it looks like you'll soon have them sorted. I take it the car was a private buy or you would have been going back to the dealer you bought it from to have the issues sorted.
      I think I feel into a common pitfall with this one. The dealer gave me an insurance with WMS Group for free saying they'll sort out some issues for me. Read through their T&C's and the gearbox and barings and stuff is covered, it's just that I have to call them up and talk to them first for them to approve the work and then they'll pay me back.

I've gotten an answer from WG Motorworks on what the problem is, complete with a link (http://www.wgmotorworks.co.uk/repair...n/m32-gearbox/) explaining the exact issue and a quote of 600 quid to fix it. I'm going to phone up the warranty guys today to get them to pay for it since, you know, "da gearbox be broke".

If there is something else I should be doing, please let me know, I can be an idiot sometimes

Comment

Welcome whatever you like

Nice looking car!

Comment

Cheers rXr! I'm going to have the same android Satnav as you soon!

Comment

Smart looking car and that scenery, enter this months POTM.

Comment

I've gotten an answer from WG Motorworks on what the problem is, complete with a link (http://www.wgmotorworks.co.uk/repair...n/m32-gearbox/) explaining the exact issue and a quote of 600 quid to fix it. I'm going to phone up the warranty guys today to get them to pay for it since, you know, "da gearbox be broke".
              That guy is an expert on that box

Comment

Welcome to the forum Michael

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                  Smart looking car and that scenery, enter this months POTM.
                  Nah man! I'll enter with it if I don't take a different one, but chances are high I'll take a different one which is hopefully much nicer. I'm into photography somewhat and the missus is into photography proper so she can probably get a better pic for the POTM

Thanks for the compliment tho! Both I and Fox appreciate it.

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                  That guy is an expert on that box
                  So I've heard. I'm defo taking it to him, I just need to try and make my warranty pay for it first. If not, I'll pay out of pocket but you know, it'd be nice if it was for free.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    Welcome to the forum Michael
                    Thanks, RBH. Michael's a nice name. I've been called much worse.

Comment

I wasn't jumping on the bandwagon so I thought I'd just call you anything .

Welcome again Justin.

Comment

What?....Have you been called Rab?
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

What?....Have you been called Rab?
                          He said worse.......and by worse, he means Mark

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            He said worse.......and by worse, he means Mark
                            Hey nothing wrong with Mark. It's in the good book

Anyway, you started it, picking on 'ull

Comment

Hey nothing wrong with Mark. It's in the good book

Anyway, you started it, picking on 'ull
                              Ohhhhh so it's gonna get personal then

Comment

Working...
                              X