Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Nav feature be activated on a Nav 900 after market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Nav feature be activated on a Nav 900 after market?

Greetings all. I bought a 2014 sports tourer last week, the spec shows it's not a 'nav' model according to the log book, is it possible to activate the nav features on the system by installing maps etc or is there some hardware not there that i'd need to make it work?

Thanks!!

I'm sure the 2014 none nav system is the colour R400 (small none touch screen). If so it can't be updated by software. You will need to go down the Android route or the more costly doner OEM unit and reprogramming to you car.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Android is a cheaper way, also easier to re-sell at any time.

Unless you want the factory look then it's ££££££

Comment

android all the way , its the first mod I would do
        easy plenty of youtube vids to help you

and has I did when traded in the car just rip it out put the old one in

and sell the unit

no brainer

Comment

Working...
        X