Subwoofer and amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subwoofer and amp

Is it worth fitting a sub and amp with stock speakers etc?

Dont want anything fancy or massive, just a deeper overall sound.

How do underseat subs sound compared to boot subs?

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

underseat definitely worth it ,,adds a punchy bass without taking space up in boot,Ive a kenwood
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Underseat subs did you say these bad boys are up for sale. As I'm selling the car I have no need to install these.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
        Underseat subs did you say these bad boys are up for sale. As I'm selling the car I have no need to install these.
        Did you miss the bit that said nothing fancy , was thinking more along the lines of a active Vibe 8" unit.
        They look like the whole car would shake, after stripping everything to fit them

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Now if you fitted them for free..........................................

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
            Did you miss the bit that said nothing fancy , was thinking more along the lines of a active Vibe 8" unit.
            They look like the whole car would shake, after stripping everything to fit them
            Only 4 subs [2 each side] and 2 amps [1 each side] and another 1 big amp which all connects to it

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              underseat definitely worth it ,,adds a punchy bass without taking space up in boot,Ive a kenwood

Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Active Amplified Under Seat Powered Subwoofer 150W

£99 on ebay

What's it like to fit? Figure needs a supply cable from battery (Fused) to under passenger seat, then remote cable to dash, an earth to chassis near seat. Saw somewhere can access speaker cables without removing head unit, would need line converter to convert to RCA? Then assume some sort of control feed to turn unit on with head unit?

Comment

£99 on ebay

What's it like to fit? Figure needs a supply cable from battery (Fused) to under passenger seat, then remote cable to dash, an earth to chassis near seat. Saw somewhere can access speaker cables without removing head unit, would need line converter to convert to RCA? Then assume some sort of control feed to turn unit on with head unit?
                Very easy,the booklet instructions are very good,even for an old fart like me
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

OK about to click order, do I need anything else with this kit? I know your far from useless when it comes to working on cars . Just want to make sure I get everything in one go.

Comment

£99 on ebay

For a Facelift the speaker wires are easily accessible from behind the cubby hole under the light switch - Green plug on top - You can run the wiring behind the dash and glovebox for your passenger side sub. (your glovebox will be out anyway as you're running the power straight from the battery)

Remote wire I added a switch but connected it to the front ashtray AUX socket positive as this is ignition live and I can't accidentally leave it on plus when the misses is in the car and 'I don't like the subwoofer' I can easily turn it off

One thing I did fit extra to mine was a 'vibe quick release connector'. If I ever need to remove the sub quickly just pull it apart and you can remove the sub

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
                      For a Facelift the speaker wires are easily accessible from behind the cubby hole under the light switch - Green plug on top - You can run the wiring behind the dash and glovebox for your passenger side sub. (your glovebox will be out anyway as you're running the power straight from the battery)

Remote wire I added a switch but connected it to the front ashtray AUX socket positive as this is ignition live and I can't accidentally leave it on plus when the misses is in the car and 'I don't like the subwoofer' I can easily turn it off

One thing I did fit extra to mine was a 'vibe quick release connector'. If I ever need to remove the sub quickly just pull it apart and you can remove the sub
                      Thanks for that. Looking at the Vibe Active 8 system also, just can't tell if it has all the wires like the kenwood does. It doesn't need the remote switch apparently. Will get one or the other ordered this week.

Comment

Thanks for that. Looking at the Vibe Active 8 system also, just can't tell if it has all the wires like the kenwood does. It doesn't need the remote switch apparently. Will get one or the other ordered this week.
                        I have 2 Vibe Slick S12 1200w in the boot and for a lower budget speaker they are perfect - both run off of a mono 300w amp so operating well below what they can do and pack a big punch still!

Going by what I have found it includes all the wiring
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	51IaxnE8AeL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	242897

Comment

Working...
                        X