Dpf problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dpf problem?

I fitted a regen led last week as I havnt noticed my car doing one in the couple of month I’ve owned it anyways I hooked it up to opcom this morning and it said dpf soot accumulation 255% and distance since last on was 283km I took it for a good drive up the motorway today and the light came on and I could smell fumes and after a while the light went off ,i drove another 20 odd mile and just plugged it in again,it still says 255% accumulation but the distance since last regen was 50km I can’t understand why it’s so high,I thought 100% would be max not 255% ,the opcom I’ve got isn’t working the best so don’t know how accurate it is,so I thought I’d post on here and see what you guys think [emoji848]

Originally posted by Myk1984durham View Post
    I fitted a regen led last week as I havnt noticed my car doing one in the couple of month I’ve owned it anyways I hooked it up to opcom this morning and it said dpf soot accumulation 255% and distance since last on was 283km I took it for a good drive up the motorway today and the light came on and I could smell fumes and after a while the light went off ,i drove another 20 odd mile and just plugged it in again,it still says 255% accumulation but the distance since last regen was 50km I can’t understand why it’s so high,I thought 100% would be max not 255% ,the opcom I’ve got isn’t working the best so don’t know how accurate it is,so I thought I’d post on here and see what you guys think [emoji848]
    take no notice of opcom,as long as its done a regen ,and you've let it complete it,is the main thing
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

As long as the car itself doesn’t think there is a problem with your car, don’t panic. Your opcom seems to read some data incorrect. 255 is the maximum value an 8 bit value can hold, so it is probably reading the incorrect field. The cars computer is quite capable of detecting dpf problems.

Comment

What I don't understand is why when they say "keep it going at higher rev'v until complete" but unless one is in the know and fitted an l.e.d or know the other tell tail signs (which 95% of drivers don't) why Vauxhall did not put some form of indicator on in build surely if there is a warranty claim they would not be able to wriggle out of it due to there oversight!
        I know there is a message somewhere in the instrument cluster on mine (I have seen it while test driving prior to purchase some 4000 miles ago) but it has never come on again.

Comment

Thanks lads I feel abit better now been panicking abit over it to be honest,would the car not attempt a regen if it was to full?sure I read it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
            What I don't understand is why when they say "keep it going at higher rev'v until complete" but unless one is in the know and fitted an l.e.d or know the other tell tail signs (which 95% of drivers don't) why Vauxhall did not put some form of indicator on in build surely if there is a warranty claim they would not be able to wriggle out of it due to there oversight!
            I know there is a message somewhere in the instrument cluster on mine (I have seen it while test driving prior to purchase some 4000 miles ago) but it has never come on again.
            Is Vauxhall saying you should rev it higher, or someone on the internet? There is no line in my instruction manual saying I should do that,only that there could be a message that I should continue to drive.

Comment

Just keep driving the car when its doing the regen,since Dave exclusiv. put my Led regen light on its done its regen about once a month and I just drive it in a normal manner,it don't take that long to be honest and as long as the car is doing a regen then I wouldn't be worrying about it as the car computer is doing its job.------Dave

Comment

I have the fitted led regen light, its no help .

Every 375 miles or so it flicks on for 30 seconds or so, goes off for a few minutes then comes on again for a minute or so then stops off.

I can now tell when its going to happen, slightly louder engine tone, sometimes acrid burning smell, small drop in MPG, very slight hesitation in engine pull.
                Done 5000 miles since August, would assume if it wasn't doing what it is supposed to be doing i would have known about it by now.
                Used to worry the hell out of me, but don't now, still has Vauxhall warranty then in June 2019 the 2 year extended warranty starts.

Read the reason Vauxhall didn't have a led or indication is because if they did, every 375 in my case a warning light would come on and panic people into thinking something wrong.
                Out of site out of mind. By law the system has to tell you when there is a problem, and it gives you chances to correct by it etc.
                Same as TPMS has to tell you pressure is low by law, don't have to tell you there is a fault with the system.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                X