Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Newbie to the site, and totally useless at car DIY

Greeting people,
    My name is Croftamieman.. This is completely new to me but I am hoping to get some advice from fellow Insignia owners, who have a basic idea what they are talking about. I am about as much use when it comes to cars as a chocolate fireguard and I dont mind admitting that. I know how to check the oil, water and where to put the go-juice in, oh and able to check my tyres , but that it. I cant even change a bulb without causing something to go wrong.
    My present car is a 2015 2.0 cdti ecoflex hatchback ( design i think ). I have had it for 9 months and covered 35000 miles so far, troublefree motoring at avg 60 mpg , apart from the two candles at the front end are weak. I am looking for advice as to how I can replace them with the LEDs or the HIDs and what cost approx, and having read that they are easy to install, really???,
    I went to crapfords for new brighter candles, but alas, they say they dont do them for the type of candle I have ( HRT2 or something like that ).
    So I am looking for BIG HELP please.
    Anyone out there who can assist.
    Many Thanks
    Last edited by Croftamieman; 12-02-2019, 01:31 PM. Reason: Put in wrong thread

Comment

Hello my friend,it might help if you post in the correct section instead of tagging onto someone's thread,it would certainly be better to post up your own thread--but if you are going to change the candles at the front there is plenty of info available-I have just changed mine to LED's and they are a doddle---Dave --

Comment

You learn something new every day. Computers.....new to me !!!

Comment

Hello,don'y worry I was exacatly the same--good with cars but shite with computers[and bloody mobile phones]------Dave

Comment

Working...
          X