No announcement yet.

Facelift Grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I de-chromed my GS last month. I used vinyl wrap on the foglight surrounds, but the chrome 'wings' had too many 3d surfaces for that, so used this: https://www.frost.co.uk/liquid-wrap-...aerosol-400ml/
    Results were excellent:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190923_141709.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	243705

PS Your English is excellent
    Last edited by PeteH; 03-10-2019, 07:53 AM.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I did use some vinyl paint to my grill, it was full chrome. I painted 4 layers with satin black and used a slight touch of gun metal gray to last layer just to give some metal flakes and finally vinyl paint varnish to give it glossy look.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190927-WA0001 (2) (Medium) (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	243706

Comment

Originally posted by Weccu View Post
        Hello and greetings from Finland. I did some serious Sherlock Holmes-type of investigation trying to find that Irmscher-grille for my facelift insignia. It appears that in the U.S you can find that grill for Buick Regal. And another fun fact is that facelift OPC (Buick Regal GS) and "normal versions" have the same grill! I did confirmed this by looking GM original part numbers and both grills goes to same frame. So long story short, ALL facelift grills, despite the model or what emblem is in the front, can be swapped and it's bolt-on.

PS. I like your site and all information here is very good, although you drive on the wrong side of road, you maniacs.
        PPS. Sorry if my english is not so good, it's not my native language.

Here's one example:
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-Front-Grille-Grill-Mesh-For-Buick-Regal-GS-irmsche-2014-2016/223268783998?fits=Model%3ARegal%7CMake%3ABuick&has h=item33fbdb477e:gpYAAOSwxmldFxNv
        I always had a Irmy grille on my Vectra's so 'needed' one for the Insignia. Mine is currently on a plane, winging its way over from China. Bought on US eBay as a Buick Regal Grille. Pics when fitted.
        2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Here's mine

Comment

Okay, this is NOT helping my desire to get that grill....or helping my wallet to recover from previous hits.

One question about that "China"-grill....does it have that Irmscher-text on it or is it without it?

Comment

Okay, this is NOT helping my desire to get that grill....or helping my wallet to recover from previous hits.

One question about that "China"-grill....does it have that Irmscher-text on it or is it without it?
              With.
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I asked the question before buying, and it does have the Irmscher etched onto it. They cover it over in their pictures for copyright I guess.

The one I bought - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABS-Front...72.m2749.l2649

BTW - if you go for one, don't pay full asking price, they will haggle.

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
                  I asked the question before buying, and it does have the Irmscher etched onto it. They cover it over in their pictures for copyright I guess.

The one I bought - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ABS-Front...72.m2749.l2649

BTW - if you go for one, don't pay full asking price, they will haggle.
                  Oh, thanks....price was the main reason for me not to pull the trigger yet. Is it normal that wallet is crying out loud and you just ignore it?

Comment

Yep, just ignore and push on through.

Comment

Can you tell how much you got discount?

Comment

it normal that wallet is crying out loud and you just ignore it?
                        I think we ought to start a self-help group here - Mods Anonymous?
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Can you tell how much you got discount?
                          I paid $210.

Be aware - eBay only allows three offer attempts.

Comment

Okay, thanks. That's good reference to start.
                            But before I buy that, I need to get my lazy Insignia (2.0cdti, 103kw) for some gentle remapping. That oil tanker is NOT suppose to move anywhere without specs around 190hp/400nm...

Comment

I paid $210.

Be aware - eBay only allows three offer attempts.
                              Also be aware of HM Customs Import TAX. They just stung me for £18.00. Some you get away with some you pay. Luck of the draw I guess.

Comment

Also be aware of HM Customs Import TAX. They just stung me for £18.00. Some you get away with some you pay. Luck of the draw I guess.
                                I have always asked the seller to put price of 22 €uros or under on parcel, because here in Finland if you buy something that is under 24euros you don't need to pay any taxes of it. And that kind of small piece of plastic is reasonable for that price.
                                Another option is to ask the seller to take the item out of original box, put some dirt on it and send it as "used item"

Comment

Working...
                                X