No announcement yet.

Facelift Grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery Friday so 'should' be fitted at the weekend. I'm away mid week so I chose Friday, plus i'd be the one person trying to change a front grille when the evening light is fading and it's raining.
    2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Little bit of advice for you when replacing your grill---its a lot easier to have another set of hands and with the locking tabs it helps if you can get some small wedges[wood would do--about 10-12 mm width and you use these to push the locking tabs closed---you will see the locking tabs once you get the bumper off-----Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave, I'll bear that in mind.

Comment

they can be a pig to change,,especially if its your first attempt,,some of the tangs and clips are tight as f***
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            they can be a pig to change,,especially if its your first attempt,,some of the tangs and clips are tight as f***
            That's why God gave us too small fuse for temper, duct tape and zip ties!

Comment

I'm going to get a very good friend of mine to give me a hand this weekend to fit the grille. Some of you may know Drinky from Vec-C; there's nothing he can't fit.

Pic of the grille -

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3040.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	243792

Comment

Before and after pics is a must

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
                  I'm going to get a very good friend of mine to give me a hand this weekend to fit the grille. Some of you may know Drinky from Vec-C; there's nothing he can't fit.

Pic of the grille -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2465[/ATTACH]
                  Does your grille allow air flow through it ? it might just be the way the pic is taking

Comment

The top two strips of the grille are solid but the rest is open.

The Vx standard grille is also blocked at the top with the large chrome bar and badge, so I guess it's all to protect something from the weather.

Comment

Ye thats right , as said it was just the way the pic was taking, it looked like it was all blocked

you will be pleased once fitted bud

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
                        I have a chrome grille on mine, and much prefer the black version, I see the chrome strips are simply overlays, clipped on. Looking at a black grille today in the supermarket car park, I see it has the slots for the chrome to clip on.... so, are both grilles the same underneath and the chrome one has the chrome clipped on, if so has anyone removed them? And is it just a standard black grille underneath? I know I can paint it or wrap it but just wondered if anyone has done it?
                        Cheers
                        I couldn't help but got for a hex mesh grill, as soon as I saw it I needed it! Cost just shy of £70 and only took me an hour after work on my own to fit!
                        I know I'm biased, but I think it's the best the grill can look hahaha.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191021_165826.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	243862
                        2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Here's mine

Comment

I may as well get in on it too

Name:	4ea12b27916e0bf437b1bd7134d79988.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	243863
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Feck it ........not as good as the others.....but it does the job.....

Name:	51kSJe14nyL._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_PIAmznPrime,BottomLeft,0,-5_PIStarRatingFOUR.jpg
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	243864

Comment

Bought from US eBay (delivered from China) and described as a Grille for a Buick Regal

Name:	IMG_3054.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	243865

Comment

Working...
                                X