Facelift Grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBH View Post
    I bought a bit of black vinyl from fleabay.
    Cut them roughly to length, used a hairdryer to heat the slats.....applied the vinyl, heat the vinyl and trimmed it.

Sorted.

Cost me £3
    Hey I just ordered some wrap and want to wrap the chrome on my grill. I was wondering if there was anyway to take the trim pieces off the grill without removing the bumper? Where abouts are the clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jubz121 View Post
      Hey I just ordered some wrap and want to wrap the chrome on my grill. I was wondering if there was anyway to take the trim pieces off the grill without removing the bumper? Where abouts are the clips
      I done mine on the car mate.....sorry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200411_213811466.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	246617

Comment

No, it can't be done with the bumper in place. I have heard some people say you can remove the grill with the bumper still on, just dropped forward, personally I've had my bumper off a heap of times to get at the grill and don't really think it could be done, so call that bullsh*t.. Much much easier with the bumper off & tbh only takes 5 minutes to drop the bumper... it's very simple compared to some.

The parts on the facelift grill....

Name:	2c5e7afbc1a74c9b0f1392e15eba46a0.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	246633

Name:	62014377_2708496602497790_1424488833579220992_n.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	246634

Name:	astra-j-152.jpg
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	246635

Name:	38126933_10155709319472895_1479140312440897536_n.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	246636

Name:	38055913_10155709319652895_6739536159736594432_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	246637
        2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
        Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post
          No, it can't be done with the bumper in place. I have heard some people say you can remove the grill with the bumper still on, just dropped forward, personally I've had my bumper off a heap of times to get at the grill and don't really think it could be done, so call that bullsh*t.. Much much easier with the bumper off & tbh only takes 5 minutes to drop the bumper... it's very simple compared to some.

The parts on the facelift grill....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5131[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5132[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5133[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5134[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5135[/ATTACH]
          Mate thanks so much for this the pictures will help so much!

Comment

You can remove the grill without removing the bumper fully just tilted forward, my self and exclusiv. Have both done this, it's certainly easier to fully remove the bumper

It's not buiish1t at all

Comment

don't want to sound like a know all,but you can do it with bumper tilted forward....ive changed both ,present one,and previous car to irmscher grills...it is a tight job,but can be done
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                don't want to sound like a know all,but you can do it with bumper tilted forward....ive changed both ,present one,and previous car to irmscher grills...it is a tight job,but can be done
                I was hoping just to get access to the clips for the chrome trims on the grill. Would that be easy enough?

Comment

I was hoping just to get access to the clips for the chrome trims on the grill. Would that be easy enough?
                  tbh I don't know the answer to that mate,,ive never actually taken a grill apart,,just removed them and replaced with an Irmscher
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

So it shows it can be done... I thought it was hard enough with the bumper off trying to do it on my own... pulling it apart on one side, only to move to the other and the original side slips back on....

Ohhhh it's fiddley for sure.
                    2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
                    Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post

Ohhhh it's fiddley for sure.
                      defo is....especially if youre an insignia grill virgin ,,,,some of the clips are a tw@t

Comment

Working...
                      X