Facelift Grille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift Grille

I have a chrome grille on mine, and much prefer the black version, I see the chrome strips are simply overlays, clipped on. Looking at a black grille today in the supermarket car park, I see it has the slots for the chrome to clip on.... so, are both grilles the same underneath and the chrome one has the chrome clipped on, if so has anyone removed them? And is it just a standard black grille underneath? I know I can paint it or wrap it but just wondered if anyone has done it?
    Cheers

I took the chrome's out of mine and painted them the same black as the rest of the car (sapphire black pearl?) looks good for the amount it cost me.

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
      I have a chrome grille on mine, and much prefer the black version, I see the chrome strips are simply overlays, clipped on. Looking at a black grille today in the supermarket car park, I see it has the slots for the chrome to clip on.... so, are both grilles the same underneath and the chrome one has the chrome clipped on, if so has anyone removed them? And is it just a standard black grille underneath? I know I can paint it or wrap it but just wondered if anyone has done it?
      Cheers
      I bought a bit of black vinyl from fleabay.
      Cut them roughly to length, used a hairdryer to heat the slats.....applied the vinyl, heat the vinyl and trimmed it.

Sorted.

Cost me £3

Comment

And it looks great......well, to me it does

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          And it looks great......well, to me it does
          Photo whore!

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Aye that’s pretty much my plan too, more curious than anything, can’t really see there being 2 different (but the same) grilles. My thought is that it will be 1 standard grille that can take chrome inserts.

Comment

I will have a face-lift grill that's blacked out from factory available soon, if anyone wants to swap their chrome one for
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Aye that’s pretty much my plan too, more curious than anything, can’t really see there being 2 different (but the same) grilles. My thought is that it will be 1 standard grille that can take chrome inserts.
                I was under the impression there were 2 grilles. The one which is all black and the one which had chrome but once the chrome was removed it would leave all sorts of holes where the chrome would clip into.

Here is a close up of the Facelift grille from my (dirty) car. It appears the grille is one solid piece.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5284.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	242898

Comment

As far as I can see the clips to hold the chrome overlays are underneath.... however what we don’t know is if there is locating lugs on the facing edge, I guess the only way to find out is too pull the chrome off and have a look, which may end up damaging the grille.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                    I will have a face-lift grill that's blacked out from factory available soon, if anyone wants to swap their chrome one for
                    Would be happy to swap mate, my chrome one is mint, not broken or damaged in any way, badge all complete etc

Comment

Would be happy to swap mate, my chrome one is mint, not broken or damaged in any way, badge all complete etc
                      welcome to it ,,but defo need yours for when I put car back to standard,,im fitting an irmscher grill
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                        welcome to it ,,but defo need yours for when I put car back to standard,,im fitting an irmscher grill
                        How long does it take to remove bumper, remove and refit grille, and re fit bumper?

Comment

You can get it changed with bumper tilted forward,, but if you haven't done one before, it's easier to remove bumper completely

Comment

Under an hour

Comment

How long does it take to remove bumper, remove and refit grille, and re fit bumper?
                              3 days

Comment

Working...
                              X