Insignia turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia turbo

Hey all I'm new. I've just bought a 2010 insignia 2.0 turbo yesterday love the car and goes really well. Couple issues tho if anyon3 can help me, the steering now and then when slow moving or stationary makes a groun sound and can be felt in the pedals.

Also got a whine when turning the steering wheel and also is there with the revs too higher revs higher the whine any ideas. Cheers

sounds like low power steering fluid to me mate

Comment

Think there was a common issue with the pipe going that held the power steering fluid. Went on my old facelift with fluid everywhere. Could be that yours is going a bit slower.

Comment

Checked the fluid half way in the funnel. No leaks that I can see. Just the steering whines and makes that crunchy sound

Comment

Checked the fluid and it's above max it's also a browny colour is that right.

Comment

fluid I've used in the past has been red, however not sure on the colour once it's used

Comment

Was it private sale?

Comment

Yeah I had the power steering go on me and was whining a bit , had to get the whole pipe as garage said it was main dealer part only ? How true that is I don't know but cost of part and fitting came to £200

Comment

Yea it was a private sale, there is no leaks and all pipes are home dry no loss of fluid

Comment

Was going to say since it is private sale, there is no going back to them with the issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X