Electronic handbrake fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic handbrake fault

Hey guys so just as I fix one problem another arises , and it's to do with the electronic handbrake, it isnt engaging at all, and also there's a message on the dash which reads service vehicle soon , which means there is a fault , anyone had issues with their electronic braking ?

No issues in six years and 60,000 miles.

Comment

So pull the switch up and no handbrake ?

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
        So pull the switch up and no handbrake ?
        That's right, you can hear it engaging but then releases straight away

Comment

Originally posted by Dustyone View Post
          No issues in six years and 60,000 miles.
          Mines on 174thousand

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
            That's right, you can hear it engaging but then releases straight away
            How old and what mileage ? Just they must fail at some point

Comment

2009 and on 174thou

Comment

this happened on my 1st insignia,when I had a dodgy front abs sensor,the handbrake applied,but then went straight off
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
                  2009 and on 174thou
                  You need to get the codes read with op-com vauxcom etc, you have the dreaded service vehicle soon message so something is there

Comment

silly question but are pads and discs in good order ? I'm sure there is kind of a cut off on the motor where if it doesn't engage by a certain point it backs off

Comment

Yeah it only happened earlier when the garage I normally use was shut , I had the device vehicle soon message for a boost solenoid valve when I first had the car nearly 3 years ago so yeah something is there

Comment

Originally posted by kevh046 View Post
                        silly question but are pads and discs in good order ? I'm sure there is kind of a cut off on the motor where if it doesn't engage by a certain point it backs off
                        All brand new a few weeks ago, discs and pads all round

Comment

when did the problem start? around same time as new discs and pads ?

Comment

No , it started same time as the speed sensor failure last week , but today the light has stayed on and wouldn't engage

Comment

my experience is now useless then . I was gonna say did you “double click” handbrake to reset it but if speed sensor is acting as well I've no idea. they should be on separate sensors, I'm sure speed sensor is on the gearbox so therefore shouldn't be related

Comment

Working...
                              X