Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtesy Lights

Hi,

The light that comes on when I unlock the car inside front & back, what bulb is this, might change to a white LED...

TIA
    2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Here is a full kit for all the interior lights

Comment

Or search individually. I've listed them loads on here in other threads. The kits are overpriced

Comment

Originally posted by roverspeed View Post
        Here is a full kit for all the interior lights

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-NEW-...UAAOSwOZpa2QK8
        Just ordered these, fitted the footwell/puddle & courtesy lights, however since I’ve fitted them in the sun visor lights have stopped working and also the front left hand side indicator and rear right indicators have stopped working, is this due to the LED’s??
        2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Originally posted by rpanchal View Post
          Just ordered these, fitted the footwell/puddle & courtesy lights, however since I’ve fitted them in the sun visor lights have stopped working and also the front left hand side indicator and rear right indicators have stopped working, is this due to the LED’s??
          I wouldn't have thought so, i doubt they are even on the same circuits. I have all LED in my interior and don't have any such problems. I don't have the sun visor lights in LED as they are too harsh but everything else is LED.

Is it possible you disturbed some fuses or wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by roverspeed View Post
            I wouldn't have thought so, i doubt they are even on the same circuits. I have all LED in my interior and don't have any such problems. I don't have the sun visor lights in LED as they are too harsh but everything else is LED.

Is it possible you disturbed some fuses or wiring?
            It’s weird, I didn’t change the sun visor lights as like you said they are a bit over powering, don’t think I’ve disturbed some wiring/fuse, I’ll take them all out and put the standard bulbs back in and see what happens..
            2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Sounds like you've possibly blown a fuse. From memory check fuse 32 under the bonnet

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
                Sounds like you've possibly blown a fuse. From memory check fuse 32 under the bonnet
                I've just checked fuse 32 under bonnet, pictured its a 20amp one, looks fine to me.. its crazy i've taken the LED's out of the courtest lights and replaced back with the Bulbs, however the sunvisor lights and map reading ones still dont work?? and the front right & rear left indicatrs have stopped working.. any other ideas??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Inkedfile-13_LI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	242914
                2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Courtesy Lights

Went to Halfords who checked the fuses and bulbs, all look fine, he said it could be a relay? Anyone know where this is ? Glovebox/enginebay or boot??
                  2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Not sure Halfords would have any idea about what to look for,they only know how to replace wiper blades and bulbs---reading your post I think you have moved/disturbed something so I would start there------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                      Not sure Halfords would have any idea about what to look for,they only know how to replace wiper blades and bulbs---reading your post I think you have moved/disturbed something so I would start there------Dave
                      Not sure where to start???
                      2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Maybe 29? I'm going off memory from when I had similar and blew a fuse when changing interior bulbs in mine. Hard to spot. Needed a fuse tester in the end

Comment

Maybe 29? I'm going off memory from when I had similar and blew a fuse when changing interior bulbs in mine. Hard to spot. Needed a fuse tester in the end
                          But the weird thing is, when I unlock the car the front and back courtesy lights come on, the map reading lights don’t work, sunvisor lights, and just front passenger side front indicator and rear right indicator, very odd..

I’ll check fuse 29, tomorrow and report back [emoji15]
                          2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Otherwise I think you're checking every fuse. When I blew mine interior lights when dull and reverse light went off.

Comment

Otherwise I think you're checking every fuse. When I blew mine interior lights when dull and reverse light went off.
                              Am I best to disconnect the battery when checking the fuses, and will it probably be in the engine bay fuse compartment?
                              2009 Insignia Elite 1.8

Comment

Working...
                              X