Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 2.0 CDTi - Remap experience

Thought I'd make a change from asking questions to sharing something

Had my '14 2.0 Elite 140PS Remapped yesterday and it's made such a difference.
    I know the insignia is a big lump of a car, it's never going to be a flyer. I'm a lump of a guy, not going to trouble Usain Bolt either!
    So I knew that a remap would be on the cards early, as it seems a bit underpowered.
    Biggest problems for me was accelerating in 2nd or 3rd would usually be quite flat and seemed like a dead spot, or a lurch before picking up.

I decided to go with Remapkings as they offered a mobile service, had good reviews and had an offer on of £100 off. So for £199 I thought it's worth a punt.
    If I wasn't happy I could get it removed within 30 days

Lee came out and was friendly & professional. Explained what he'd be doing and went through the process with me.
    After doing a diagnostic check for any errors, he got the ECU out, hooked up and read it. Sent the standard map off to be checked and then a wait for the new map to come back.

New map put on and we went for a test drive.
    Straight away it feels so much better. Low down in 2nd or 3rd it's pulls so much better and is more eager. No deadspots here!
    Feels like a much quicker car now, and although I'm not going to be throwing it into corners too hard, it's a more fun drive.

It's supposed to be an extra 50bhp & 80 Nm torque increase.
    I think it's a bit less than 190 going to my wheels, but will have to have a look when I can get a long straight to see what it can do.

All in all, it's a much better drive for me so far and I'll update any problems (or pleasure) from it over the next few weeks.

Cheers!

Good post, I myself have a dtuk pedal box with 3 settings, eco mode , sport mode and sport + and what a difference that made, as you say no more flat spots and runs a1

Comment

Hi Jay.

Good review. I have the same engine with a remap from SLT in Sheffield.

I use to drive like eco nutter as I felt when I put my foot down compaires to my old remapped Passat which had around 180 bhp.

Once I got my Insignia to a supposed 195 bhp and 400 torque I thought it would feel alot faster than my Passat.

It didn't.

At first this did disappointed me and could not get my head around it. This was until I started to look at the gearing of the car.

Mines a ecoflex model with the F40 box. Once I started working up the gears I could certainly feel that power. Foot down and past 2000 rpm the speed just fly's by to quickly exceeding the legal limit.

Testing wise I feel it's a edge faster than the 2015 170 bhp car. Would love to test how fast my car would go especially with the longer gearing.

I do plan on getting it on a rolling road when I get the chance to and I will post the results.

Not come across another insignia to "traffic light race" but I have out raced a 150 bhp Vectra up a motorway slip road.

Comment

Just booked mine for next week based on jays recommendation, can i claim the money back from you if i don't like it ? 1😀

Comment

Originally posted by Ajsmith66 View Post
          Just booked mine for next week based on jays recommendation, can i claim the money back from you if i don't like it ? 1��
          Noooope
          Hope it goes well though

Comment

I think it's the same guy, will his name is Lee anyway. Must cover a huge area as your south and I'm north Wales ��

Comment

Yeah, that's the same guy I think.
              He covers a lot of the country

Comment

Bit late with the update but wanted to see how i felt about the map after a while, not straight away, anyway- i'm generally happy with the remap.
                Its nowhere near 50bhp increase though, guessing from past experience i'd say its about 25 ish. general driveability has improved and mpg is about 5mpg up so far but just filled the tank so can do a direct comparison in about 800mls.
                im still dropping a gear for times i'd rather not, but that's changed from dropping down 2 i used to.
                Good enough for two hundred quid i'd say, but power hungry drivers would feel short changed.
                Spoke to a couple of guys who also had their cars remapped by the same company and they say the same as me, good general map but never 50bhp.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajsmith66 View Post
                  Bit late with the update but wanted to see how i felt about the map after a while, not straight away, anyway- i'm generally happy with the remap.
                  Its nowhere near 50bhp increase though, guessing from past experience i'd say its about 25 ish. general driveability has improved and mpg is about 5mpg up so far but just filled the tank so can do a direct comparison in about 800mls.
                  im still dropping a gear for times i'd rather not, but that's changed from dropping down 2 i used to.
                  Good enough for two hundred quid i'd say, but power hungry drivers would feel short changed.
                  Spoke to a couple of guys who also had their cars remapped by the same company and they say the same as me, good general map but never 50bhp.
                  Did you not get a dyno with it?
                  The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Just wanted to add.

My remapped insignia at 195. Generally to me it didn't feel it.

Until today I've was against a friend's BMW 3 series with 160 bhp.

My car pulled ahead and kept going. Makes me a happy Vauxhall owner ha

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                      Just wanted to add.

My remapped insignia at 195. Generally to me it didn't feel it.

Until today I've was against a friend's BMW 3 series with 160 bhp.

My car pulled ahead and kept going. Makes me a happy Vauxhall owner ha
                      The CDTi 160/163/165 usually gives 170-175hp and 380-400Nm as standard, so remapping to 195hp is only another 20-25hp (10-15%).
                      The same is true for many other turbocharged Vauxhall engines.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                        The CDTi 160/163/165 usually gives 170-175hp and 380-400Nm as standard, so remapping to 195hp is only another 20-25hp (10-15%).
                        My 163 was 161hp and 386nm on initial dyno after remap it was 200hp and 440nm the torque was completely different it transformed the car. The percentage you quote is quite a big gain over standard. It’s a shame they don’t come like that as standard
                        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                          In fact, according to some spec charts the 160hp engine has 350Nm with an overboost of 380 Nm.

Comment

Mine was a 140 bhp model. This was pushed to 195. Done 10k miles with it and had 0 issues.

Comment

So do the 130 and 160 models have the same engine but with just different mapping giving the different power outputs, or are there other differences? i.e. could one get a bigger gain from a 130 than from a 160?

Comment

Working...
                              X