Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL lamp service

Hi There
    I have an insignia elite sports tourer with AFL lights. in the auto setting when i turn the car on th lights come on and do their little dance to set themselves then immediately the afl sevice light comes on the lights still work as do the side lights that come on when you turn but the main lights will not move with the steering and there is no full beam although the full beam indicator light lights up. any advice would be greatly appreciated

Also the rear window is heated as are the small side windows in the boot but the side widows dont demist. are they n the same circuit as the rear window or are they on a separate fuse again any help would be appreciated.

It is a great car and lovely to drive but these electrical problems are starting to annoy me. Ive also posted in the sat nav section as this is now also playing up. its a 2009 model with just under 100k still dives beautifully but seems to be dogged with electrical problems. ive covered over 60k since i bought it and other than electric the only problem ive had was a split boost pipe.

Many thanks

Alan

I would firstly check the cornering bulbs, if blown, they can cause the check afl message
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      I would firstly check the cornering bulbs, if blown, they can cause the check afl message
      Ive checked those bulbs and both are working

Comment

Does main beam come on by you manually pulling the stalk?
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

only when in the manual setting. when on auto it faults then there is no full beam although the blue full beam light comes on but no actual full beam when on auto the auto full and dip beam sensor works as it lights the blue full beam light on the dash but no full beam lights. Its a ver strange and annoying situation!

Comment

Working...
          X