paint shark fin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint shark fin

Hi all, I don't like the black shark fin antenna on my light grey Insignia. Anyone sprayed it yet? No signal reception problems after? I'd like to spray it in matching grey. Was thinking of plastidip but can't find a grey one...

Click image for larger version

Name:	t10CFas8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	248937
    Insignia 2012 1.4 Turbo 140HP.
    Led DRL, megawhite headlight 6000K, Led numberplate, Led reverse light. 19inch OEM alloys, chrome handles, plastidipped grill, OEM rear-side window shades, LED pack interior lights, chrome vents...

Originally posted by Denis View Post
    Hi all, I don't like the black shark fin antenna on my light grey Insignia. Anyone sprayed it yet? No signal reception problems after? I'd like to spray it in matching grey. Was thinking of plastidip but can't find a grey one...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]955[/ATTACH]
    I painted mine on my old facelift, no reception problems and it looked much better

Comment

cmor okay, did u remove it or just left it on ? Base coat and finishing layers I suppose? Read somewhere that paint with metal parts in composition could cause reception problems, I 'll have a look into that...
      Insignia 2012 1.4 Turbo 140HP.
      Led DRL, megawhite headlight 6000K, Led numberplate, Led reverse light. 19inch OEM alloys, chrome handles, plastidipped grill, OEM rear-side window shades, LED pack interior lights, chrome vents...

Comment

Denis - I removed it then stripped it down completely. The inside section just unscrews from underneath.
        Then rubbed it down, base coat, top coat and lacquer - never had any reception issues at all. That was using flip-chip metalic paint as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cmor View Post
          Denis - I removed it then stripped it down completely. The inside section just unscrews from underneath.
          Then rubbed it down, base coat, top coat and lacquer - never had any reception issues at all. That was using flip-chip metalic paint as well.
          How do you get to it? I tried going in through the boot and tried pulling down the roof trim but it felt like it was going to fall apart!

Comment

Originally posted by DilapidatedFluff View Post
            How do you get to it? I tried going in through the boot and tried pulling down the roof trim but it felt like it was going to fall apart!
            That's the only way to get at it. I removed the two top trims at the rear and that allowed the headliner to drop enough to reach the bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by cmor View Post
              That's the only way to get at it. I removed the two top trims at the rear and that allowed the headliner to drop enough to reach the bolt.
              Thanks for replying, do you mean the two pillar plastic trims? I had a go at getting them off but it felt like I was going to snap them so I gave up - they have air bags behind them too so I was a bit worried about moving them!

Comment

Originally posted by DilapidatedFluff View Post
                Thanks for replying, do you mean the two pillar plastic trims? I had a go at getting them off but it felt like I was going to snap them so I gave up - they have air bags behind them too so I was a bit worried about moving them!
                Yes that's them. It's a while ago now so I can't remember exactly how I got them off. Airbags are not an issue as long as you disconnect the battery first.

Comment

Working...
                X