Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a battery or user problem

Hi,

I picked up a second hand 2018 12000 miles Insignia 1.5T SRi Vx-line Nav 5dr on Monday this week and have been having a play with settings as you do. I have noticed a couple of "strange" things happening/not happening and just wanted confirmation that it is either a problem or the way I have the car configured.

1 The electric windows don't work if I have the heated rear window on
    2 The internal LED strip on the drivers door goes off if I have the heated rear window on. It comes back on when the hrw is turned off
    3 I have as yet not managed to get the stop/start to kick in despite meeting the criteria for it to work.

Does all this sound like a battery/electrics problem or is there some kind of setup issue?

Thanks for your assistance

Something is messed up with wiring

Comment

The Stop\Start may be down to the battery not being up to it currently if the car has been stood prior to you picking up perhaps.

Other two both seem linked to the Heated Window being on so suggests an issue with that in some way, potentially wiring as mentioned. If you've bought from a garage i'd be taking it back there to be looked at.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Would say once problem with heated screen is sorted the stop start will work.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

And I would say it's more likely that the door wiring is in fault. Connector loose or worn wires
            Scan for the fault codes with obd2

Comment

So a quick update.
              Firstly the stop start began to work after a few days of driving the car so presume it was the battery which recharged itself.
              I had the car I the dealers the other day to look at the heated rear window issue. The good news is that they could replicate the issue. The bad news is that they couldn't fix it a nd are waiting nor Vauxhall to get back to them. It went in last Thursday, i got the cat bad n on Saturday and they said they would book it in again when vauxhall get in touch.

Comment

Working...
              X