best for low road noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best for low road noise

looking for others help as im trying to find out what tyres are best for low road noise and performance for my Grand Sport 1.5 turbo petrol with factory upgrade 18in wheels
    cheers Millar

I've had Jinyu YU63 on lots of my cars, very quiet, great grip and they wear very well.
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Jinyu/YU63.htm

Comment

thanks for your reply cmor I shall look into them , what like did you find them in the wet as just read some say they aint great in wet
      Millar
      Originally posted by cmor View Post
      I've had Jinyu YU63 on lots of my cars, very quiet, great grip and they wear very well.
      http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Jinyu/YU63.htm

Comment

Just about to get four new tyres on my Insignia B ST with 20" rims. Previously had 18" Jinyu YU63's on a 140 SRi facelift and then a Bi-turbo Country Tourer. Loved them tyres to bits and did everything well but most of all, they were quiet on the motorway. On the CT, I couldn't tell if I had the OEM Conti Sports (£200 each to replace) or the Jinyu's.

Next week, the Insignia B will be getting Landsail LS588's. as they work out slightly cheaper than the Jinyu YU63. If the EU ratings are anything to go by, B, B and 69dB, they should be ok and knowing that a lot of people on the forum are also running them. Going to start a separate thread as I 've got a few questions on the Landsails.
        Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

Great price on the 20" YU63 from Camskill!
          https://www.camskill.co.uk/m63b0s339..._Noise%3A_71dB

Comment

Thanks cmor, did see that price on Camskill but have had a bad experience with some Falkens via mail order. Going back a few years, all four Falkens on a Vectra-C GSi droned to hell. Falken said they'd look at them but would mean returning them to Camskill, leaving me with no tyres. Tyre place who fitted them didn't want to know as they weren't bought from them, Had I bought them from the garage, they'd have simply put another set of Falkens on and take it from there. Guess I had a one off bad experience and still continued to buy mail order motorcycle tyres but not car tyres.
            Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

thanks GTR for your reply I shall follow your new thread on the landsails aswell
              Originally posted by GTR View Post
              Just about to get four new tyres on my Insignia B ST with 20" rims. Previously had 18" Jinyu YU63's on a 140 SRi facelift and then a Bi-turbo Country Tourer. Loved them tyres to bits and did everything well but most of all, they were quiet on the motorway. On the CT, I couldn't tell if I had the OEM Conti Sports (£200 each to replace) or the Jinyu's.

Next week, the Insignia B will be getting Landsail LS588's. as they work out slightly cheaper than the Jinyu YU63. If the EU ratings are anything to go by, B, B and 69dB, they should be ok and knowing that a lot of people on the forum are also running them. Going to start a separate thread as I 've got a few questions on the Landsails.

Comment

Working...
              X