Landsail LS588 - questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landsail LS588 - questions?

Based on what others have recommended on here and the EU ratings (B, B and 69dB), I'll be getting four 245/35-20 Landsail 588's fitted next week. The tyre place is ordering them in and has asked me if I want Xl or non-XL (£12 cheaper a corner for the non-XL). The OEM Conti's are XL but are they really needed on a Insignia B 170 ST Elite? No mention in the owners manual of XL or non-XL, so not much help there.

https://landsailtyres.co.uk/tyrerange/select-your-tyres Edit - when I pasted the link, it showed the two options for the 245/35-20 tyres - sorry.

At just 13k miles, the fronts with 2mm useable tread remaining, need replacing as they've both got slow punctures (3psi a week loss) and can't be repaired. The rears are wearing at the same rate but both are showing signs of being under inflated for a while with excessive wear on both the inner and outer edges. I've done 3k miles in the car and have run them at 35psi, 2psi above the VX recommended "comfort" pressure in the manual. Have tried running at the VX "Eco" pressure of 39psi and TBH, can't tell any difference in ride quality, probably because they're only 35 profile.

So when the new tyres are on, they'll be at 38psi and will keep an eye on the wear
    Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

you'll find a landsail thread about 5 or 6 posts down from this one.

Lots of us have them and can't fault them.

I've bought landsail tyres numerous times....never had an issue.

XL means extra load.

Comment

I have had them on my 20's for a few months and liking them. Been great in the wet and dry, good even on mornings down to - 5 up here in Scotland. Tiny bit skittish on a B road I use to work that never gets treated and keeps a hard frost but again only if pushed.

Comment

Another running an Insignia on Landsail tyres and very happy with them. My son had them on a Lexus 430 and said they were fine hence putting them on the Insignia.

Comment

As a minimum you should fit tyres with the same spec. as the originals otherwise you could invalidate your insurance cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Kervaig View Post
            As a minimum you should fit tyres with the same spec. as the originals otherwise you could invalidate your insurance cover.
            Where do VX give the specs for tyres fitted at the factory?
            Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

Originally posted by Kervaig View Post
              Not quite. Technically tyres simply have to be the same size and speed/load rating as those you are replacing. You can have different tyre sizes on each axle, as long as the two tyres on each axle are of the same size and speed/load rating.

The make of tyre is immaterial. The user manual gives details of all manufacturer standard-fit tyre sizes.

The most commonly mentioned potential insurance fail on tyres (other than illegal tread depth and damaged) is a lower speed rating than on the tyres originally fitted at the factory, and to a lesser extent non-XL tyres where XL tyres were factory -fit.

Comment

Thats odd you are having issues with the Landsail tyres. They are the best affordable tyres i ever had and not had any issues what so ever. Don't know is there such thing as knock off, or rejects your tyre place has ordered , have you had tyre trouble with them before. Just a guess.

Comment

Landsails ftw.

Best I've had in many a year.
                  Infact, when I had my Vectra running on factory 19's, it had Goodyear's on it.
                  When it came to new tyres, I couldn't afford expensive rubber, so I bought landsails.
                  They're my tyre of choice now.

Comment

Working...
                  X