Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt change A20DTH

Did the timing belt on my wifes '14 Elite today. 156kms/97.5k miles
    Spent half an hour wondering why I couldn't turn the engine over on the crankshaft bolt to set No.1 piston at TDC.
    Then realised I'd left it in gear.
    What a dumb ass.
    Bearing in mind I did my own A20DTR last year, so I should have known.
    Got there in the end.

Easy done, one of them times when one looks over shoulder to see if anyone's watching.

Comment

what different on the timing kits on the A20DTR compared to the DTH? other than the cost...
      Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
      questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Dth biturbo has a extra idler at the top garage replaced the belt anD pump on mine before I bought it and they put the old kit in the boot to show it’s been done

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
          what different on the timing kits on the A20DTR compared to the DTH? other than the cost...
          Belt is shorter due to the smaller sprocket on the injector pump, smaller sprocket = higher injection pressure. Plus as mentioned the additional idler at the top, between the injector pump and the camshaft sprocket. Idler, between cam and crank, and tensioner are the same as A20DTH. There's Long list of top end bits that are different to the DTH, pistons, head, camshafts, etc
          Last edited by Butt0ns; 16-02-2019, 09:37 PM. Reason: error in original post

Comment

There's 6 less teeth on timing belt

Comment

Working...
            X