thee day in one to go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thee day in one to go.

Well were 3 days into having grandkids for 4. (3 year and a 1 year old) Up at 6am then its none stop until 7 to 8pm I,m knackered . yesterday took them to Cleethorpes but as insignia has no road tax had to take them in GLA, its the longest run with me driving in it and I have decided its another "Average" car with an expensive badge, Both are diesels with 2.2ltr in merc and 2 ltr in insignia, both are Automatics, but one is by far a nicer drive. anyway tomorrow we take kids home but the piece will be short lived, there back Tuesday night.

Mrs logo has the grandkids ever Tuesday/Thursday ,2 year old girl and 6 year old lad.at least he’s at school.
    it absolutely wipes her out,glad I’m at work,it’s constant ain’t it,

so not impressed by the gla then?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Logosgil View Post
      Mrs logo has the grandkids ever Tuesday/Thursday ,2 year old girl and 6 year old lad.at least he’s at school.
      it absolutely wipes her out,glad I’m at work,it’s constant ain’t it,

so not impressed by the gla then?
      No when you think its £21,000 at 3 year old where as 12,000 for 2 1/2 year old insignia.

Comment

We've gone through different ages with the grandkids. We used to have them every other weekend (Friday night to Sunday night) but when my son's family grew we decided to split them so we now have them weekly, the girls (11 and 2) one week and the boys (12 and 5) the next. Youngest grandson is 7 months so he won't be coming to stay until he's a bit older but I expect he'll be coming with the girls because oldest granddaughter mothers them and is of great help with the little'ens.

Needless to say the wife and me go back to work on a Monday for a rest.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I'm had a rest at work today but mrs is back on Nana dutes tomorrow and Wednesday as she's retired tomorrow wont be to bad for me as get home 5:15 and they will be in bed at 7pm and around 7:45 so only a couple hours for me this week.

Comment

The fact we have both sets of parents close by for us is a bit of a life saver when it comes to our daughter. She goes to nursery all day Monday and Friday afternoon but spends Tuesday at my parents and then all day Thursday and Friday morning at my in laws. My parents are 5 mins from our house whilst the in laws are 15mins away but on the way to work so we drop her off each morning and then pick her up on the way home. Without these 2 and a half days at grandparents we'd struggle as the cost of nursery is so high.

Someone my wife knows, her husband has packed in work as he wasnt paid that highly so the maths of him working and them paying for 5 days of nursery, as they dont have the luxury of parents close by, didnt work compared to him not working so he can look after the little one.

Comment

Working...
            X