Engine change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine change

Just wondering if anyone has fitted the vectra cdti in to the insignia and if so what work went in to it? Tia

Hi,

Never heard of anyone putting a Vectra engine in an Insignia before.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I have found one guy who has done it now.. so hopefully there is more but I now have a good idea of what needs to be done.

Comment

Can I ask why you want to put a vectra engine in

Comment

Economy on repairs.. yes the 19cdti has problems but all relatively cheap to do where as a seized engine is a much bigger and more expensive job.

Comment

Welcome

You can prevent the seizure by replacing the oil seal, unless that option is too late for you.
            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

It's not to late yet I'm just preparing for the worst

Comment

Replace the oil seal and all should be good.
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I thought you wanted to put the v6 cdti in you car. That would be a nice conversion

Comment

I hadn't even considered that but it's an idea..

Comment

If you reall want to go that route, perhaps it could be useful to compare parts of the Alfa 159, as this one was available with both the 1.9 and 2 liter engine.

Comment

That's a good shout thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X