Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1.8 SRI 2010 Insignia - Turns over, doesn't start - fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.8 SRI 2010 Insignia - Turns over, doesn't start - fuel pump?

Firstly everyone - Hello and I am really sorry that my first post is a problematic one but I only collected the car two days ago haha so not had time to get familiar with the forum.

Long story short, I've purchased a 2010 Insignia from an auction as a car I can run for hopefully about 6-12 months. Got low mileage at 45k and full history but has been stood still for a good 4-5 months which obviously isn't great for the car! I knew this before buying and took the risk.

Anyway, drove perfectly fine however just randomly yesterday I've tried starting the car and it turns over fine - but does not fire up. I called the AA out and they said the fuel pump is perfectly fine and said the problem is with electrics. He's done some special dodgy wiring so I can literally turn the fuel pump on manually by inserting a wire into the fuse board that will get me to a garage however it would be great if anyone else has had this issue and could shed any light?

Car starts fine when the fuel pump is engaged through this dodgy wiring!

Once again sorry my first post is a problem one! But I've done a good 20 minutes searching on the forum with the right keywords and can't find anyone that has had this exact issue.

Thanks in advance -
Working...
X