P2453 Diesel Particulate filter Differential Pressure Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2453 Diesel Particulate filter Differential Pressure Sensor

hi all had rac out 2day as car went to limp mode on way to work again.....ffs.

Came back with :-

Diagnostic Codes
    RAC DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM
    System Type: ENGINE SYSTEM TEST/VALUES
    Name: A20DTH - E23/E91 - 2.0L - 120 (163)
    DTC: P2453,Diesel particulate filter differential pressure sensor

DTC: P2453,Diesel particulate filter differential pressure sensor. carried out regen as failed to regen wile
    driving, advise exhaust temp was at -40c before regen now reads ok, suspect intermittent signal from
    sensor rec replace asap

I rang Vauxhall for a price of the work, they quoted me £250.00 which is horrendous. saying sensor is about 60-80 notes

still got to ring round some other garages as dont know any what would be able to code the sensor in sheffeild, but was thinking how easy is it to get a op-com off ebay switch the sensor then relearn it to the car and do a DPF Reg ?

Thanks for any help advice

Taken it to Vauxhall for the sensor replaced went to pic it up only to be told the temp sensor on exhaust is also gone but as part department had left for the day couldn't give me a price on that. Any one got a clue how much that will cost me.
    Left it with them as didn't see point driving it home.

The other sensor was 138.10 all in with my service club discount which was bit better then originally quoted 250

Comment

I have a 2009 Insignia 1956ccm 160HP 118KW (Diesel) and it went into limp, P2453 came up but the boost pipe can be a cause too as these split as mine was as I later found out (it was covered in oil which is a sign of damage) and causes an imbalance in the DPF system, these can be bought for £25 on ebay new and easy to change - https://youtu.be/nN-Rvb3QFDM

I got and fitted a new DPF sensor £35 on ebay too as its really easy to access, what I didn't know was it needs to be learnt to the car, only a garage can do this as it needs to be done via the diagnostic computer they use but it take seconds, as i had a split booster the car wouldn't of done a auto regen for a while so I had a forced regen too as I was there to clear the system and it sorted the issue out, car running like a dream now.

hope this helps

Comment

Working...
      X