Grand Sport 1.6D Elite clutch woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sport 1.6D Elite clutch woes

So long story, short. Car had the Performance Reduced Reduce Clutch use problem.

Vx agree to change the clutch, car goes in, car stays in. Oh the rear seal was weeping so garage had to get a new one.

Now I've been to Lundy many times, our go to quiet place, seen hundreds of seals and whilst some don't look overly happy I've never seen one crying.

Seriously, what a joke. 9500 miles and a new clutch needed, oh and the seal is leaking..... love the car not sure I'd spend my own money on one though. Thank God it's leased.

Time will tell how long it lasts.

It gets better.

Phone call to say car is ready. 2nd phone call to say "Well the clutch is finished but we can't start it".
    "Rest assured we have 6 technicians looking at it."

I wanted to say that rather being assured that 6 technicians were looking at it I wondered why 6 were needed.

AND rather than bloody looking at it, get it bloody started!

Comment

It takes 6 because they need one to look thoughtful and 5 to scratch their heads
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        It takes 6 because they need one to look thoughtful and 5 to scratch their heads
        Not sure heads is the correct word!!

Comment

Is it keyless start? If so they did have the key close by?
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Is it keyless start? If so they did have the key close by?
            One would assume they aren't that stupid, I may call them and ask. But a main dealer??

Fair point, I should have said Vx main dealer?

Comment

Common sense isn't a flower that grows in everyone's garden .....

May have been the key was at reception while they were trying to start it

Comment

Originally posted by rXr View Post
                Common sense isn't a flower that grows in everyone's garden .....

May have been the key was at reception while they were trying to start it
                Talking about flowers and gardens, do they grow well in B.S?

Comment

Fertilizer

Comment

FFS

They are still looking at the bloody thing.
                    Now I know it's a nice looking car and the colour is great but surely to duck they must have seen one before?

No codes being thrown, engine turns over, remote is in the car (he sort of laughed at that until I said I was serious!), Crank sensor changed now VX want them to change the ABS sensor. I suggested that they go back to basics and recheck everything they have done in a slightly sarcastic tone!

Comment

My tone was slightly sarcastic, not they need to be looking at the car slightly sarcastically!

Comment

I hope you're tracking the car to make sure it isn't moving. I'm gonna miss that feature when OnStar comes to an end at the end of 2020.

Comment

It hasn't moved. Battery disconnected.

Comment

I HAVE THE CAR BACK!

Apparently it was a cam sensor causing the issue but not throwing a fault code.

Hmmmmm?

Any roads up, it's back and running.

Comment

All these sensors cause more issues than before cars had them.

Glad it's sorted!

Comment

Working...
                              X