Thanks for the add

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the add

Thanks for the add, I am the proud owner of an 11 plate 2.0 CDTi SRi 160, having just come from an 05 plate Vectra C 1.9CDTi Club.
    So far I am loving the Insignia but I do have a couple of questions for the more experienced members. (the car is still under dealer used car warranty so I want to get any issues resolved while it is!)
    1. There is a vibration through floor when cornering and when turning under full left or right lock. (The dealer is telling me that this was caused by misaligned engine mounts; (sounds like b@ll@cks to me!), they have "fixed it" but there is still a vibration).
    2. The rear windscreen demist takes a really long time to work: screen heavily misted 19/2/19, screen took 45 minutes to clear. (is this normal; the Vectra started to clear instantly and was usually fully clear in about 5-10 minutes?)

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Rik.

Point 2: No, not normal, mines takes a couple of minutes to clear. Is it actually working, are the lines cleared first?

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
      Point 2: No, not normal, mines takes a couple of minutes to clear. Is it actually working, are the lines cleared first?
      Check on consumers list if screen is on, takes minutes to clear, quicker if air con is on

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yes it's actually working, it starts to clear from the top right of the screen as you look at it in the rear view mirror. Lines don't clear first, just a bit from the top then it works slowly down.

Once it actually starts to clear it doesn't take long to clear fully; only about 5 minutes or so.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          Check on consumers list if screen is on, takes minutes to clear, quicker if air con is on
          How do I get to the consumers list please?

Comment

Originally posted by RikLFB View Post
            How do I get to the consumers list please?
            Er still new to insignia, don't know if the older ones have it, sure someone will put me right .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

If I’m right a 11 plate won’t have top consumers

Comment

Welcome
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

No,11 plate wouldn’t have too consumers list,
                  has the steering pump been tested?

and welcome btw.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi,

Yeah rear demist should be clearing quicker than that. if it isn't clearing along the lines it sounds like no power. Any luck it might just be the fuse but let them sort it under warranty.

Hope your issues are sorted soon.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      Er still new to insignia, don't know if the older ones have it, sure someone will put me right .

Also autos don't seem to have it - Not by default anyway, even on my 15 plate auto :sad times:

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
                        Also autos don't seem to have it - Not by default anyway, even on my 15 plate auto :sad times:
                        I think that’s on purpose, otherwise the gearbox would always be on top

Comment

I think that’s on purpose, otherwise the gearbox would always be on top
                          Of course but surely a little bit of coding and that could be hidden... The same as the steering isn't a top consumer as that is electric too >.<

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
                            Of course but surely a little bit of coding and that could be hidden... The same as the steering isn't a top consumer as that is electric too >.<
                            But...but... the only reason to have electric steering was because the good old hydraulic used too much! You’re saying the electric one still uses a lot of energy? So you get a crap power assist which doesn’t even save you a lot of fuel?

Comment

But...but... the only reason to have electric steering was because the good old hydraulic used too much! You’re saying the electric one still uses a lot of energy? So you get a crap power assist which doesn’t even save you a lot of fuel?
                              It's a good power assist but surely it would use a lot more power than the rear demister :P or even equal to always appear on the list so they would have coded that out/not bothered

Although Vauxhall/Opel have great wisdom and change things about as we know hahahahaha </sarcasm>

Comment

Working...
                              X