Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know about computers ?

my pc is playing up so been looking on amazon at refurbs found 1
    Dell OptiPlex 7010 SFF Core i3 8GB 128GB SSD DVDRW WiFi Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Desktop PC £145
    not sure if its good bad or just ugly
    any advice would be great. thanks

Originally posted by montyfert View Post
    Dell OptiPlex 7010 SFF Core i3 8GB 128GB SSD DVDRW WiFi Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Desktop PC £145
    Depends what you want to use it for. If it's just a bit of you tube, e mail etc anything will be fine. If your wanting photo shop, storage etc then something better. If you don't need much storage or a dvd / CD drive then the chrome books are a good choice. I haven't burnt a CD or dvd in years, either stream it or onto a USB stick etc. I pay for office and have 1TB of storage online, so big fast hard drives are not important. Think I'd also buy new, unless say its from someone you know because they have upgraded etc.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Refurbs aren't a bad idea when it comes to laptops.

I'd say the only thing I would improve on your list is the i3 look at an i5 if you can.

128gb is OK unless you store lots of pictures and movies on the hard drive. It isn't that big but ssd is better then older hard drives.

Looks ok for general use to me.

Comment

i3 would put me off if you want it for anything other than 'light use'. I'm running a i5 with 8gb in the laptop with 128SSD and 1tb Hdd, which you could add if you want more space.
        Stick a 2tb Hdd in it and it will boot quick on the ssd but you can still store stuff on the hdd
        For the money it looks ok if it's got a warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by montyfert View Post
          Can you post a link to the Amazon page? £145 is cheap for Windows 10 Pro and the PC, you need to be careful and make sure you are buying from a Genuine Microsoft Refurbisher, otherwise, you are likely to end up with unlicenced software.

Comment

Originally posted by cmor View Post
            Can you post a link to the Amazon page? £145 is cheap for Windows 10 Pro and the PC, you need to be careful and make sure you are buying from a Genuine Microsoft Refurbisher, otherwise, you are likely to end up with unlicenced software.
            https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0722KJG53/ref=asc_df_B0722KK4FR58594860/?tag=googshopuk-
            21&creative=22122&creativeASIN=B0722KK4FR&linkCode =df0&hvadid=310841382891&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand =5646294204648275889&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev= c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007072&hvtargid=pl a-562331181259&th=1

but is it better than my curent one
            Click image for larger version

Name:	old pc.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	242913

Comment

Looks okay but I would message them and ask if they are a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher before buying it.

Comment

Is this not a better deal for a little bit more?

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

i7 processor 4 -8 gig of ram fast and will do anything you need

Comment

we use these in work, they're pretty good and fairly recent, you need 8gb minimum for a 64 bit version of windows 10, the hdd could be bigger but if its just letters, storing photos and general internet access then this is fine.

get an eternal hdd as well as a backup

laptops arent not worth it as they lose their battery charge capacity by up to 50% each year, plus what was fairly decent would be classed as ancient a couple of months later, so refurbs would be a no-no.

also dont store everything on the desktop, store it into folders on the hard drive, people copmplain their pc's are slow but when the desktop is used for storage it takes ages for your profile to load......I'm IT support for the NHS and my sister thinks she knows better than me

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
                      we use these in work, they're pretty good and fairly recent, you need 8gb minimum for a 64 bit version of windows 10, the hdd could be bigger but if its just letters, storing photos and general internet access then this is fine.

get an eternal hdd as well as a backup

laptops arent not worth it as they lose their battery charge capacity by up to 50% each year, plus what was fairly decent would be classed as ancient a couple of months later, so refurbs would be a no-no.

also dont store everything on the desktop, store it into folders on the hard drive, people copmplain their pc's are slow but when the desktop is used for storage it takes ages for your profile to load......I'm IT support for the NHS and my sister thinks she knows better than me
                      found this today what do you think
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303055720608

Comment

looks ok, a replacement motherboard is £100 and theres 4 memory banks so i'd get a memory upgrade as well, 8 gb minimum for 64 bit windows and 4 for 32 bit.

will still work tho with 4gb and the memory's cheap enough but as a usable pc you cant go wrong for less than £70

Comment

Working...
                        X