Start Stop not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Stop not working

Ok bought a 2016 with 84k on the clock, ive ran it for 150 miles now incase it was battery (as some one suggested it might need a run my daily drive is 27 miles to work and back), I get the green light on the dash on the ECO button, and yet, start/stop does not function I have 3 months RAC warrantee from the garage, does anyone know what I should do, is there any self diagnoses or steps I can take, ive also noticed the hill assist is a lot less sensitive from my 2011 astra and ive only had it work once...

Any advice is welcome

Originally posted by NeoFuture View Post
    Ok bought a 2016 with 84k on the clock, ive ran it for 150 miles now incase it was battery (as some one suggested it might need a run my daily drive is 27 miles to work and back), I get the green light on the dash on the ECO button, and yet, start/stop does not function I have 3 months RAC warrantee from the garage, does anyone know what I should do, is there any self diagnoses or steps I can take, ive also noticed the hill assist is a lot less sensitive from my 2011 astra and ive only had it work once...

Any advice is welcome
    At the dealership I work at we get alot of stop start issues. 90% of them are solved by putting a new battery in. You may be doing the distance to charge it, but if the battery isn't taking the charge your back to square one.

Get a battery tester and check the main and aux batteries, but my moneys on one of them needing to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoFuture View Post

Any advice is welcome
      My Astra Hill start was excellent, Insignia needs to be on a really steep incline to work, Astra worked anywhere with a touch of brake pedal.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

The stop/start system is reliant on many things. From the manual:

● The stop-start system is not manually deactivated.
        ● The bonnet is fully closed.
        ● The driver's door is closed or the driver's seat belt is fastened.
        ● The vehicle battery is sufficiently charged and in good condition.
        ● The engine is warmed up.
        ● The engine coolant temperature is not too high.
        ● The engine exhaust temperature is not too high, e.g. after driving with high engine load.
        ● The ambient temperature is above -5 °C.
        ● The climate control system allows an Autostop.
        ● The brake vacuum is sufficient.
        ● The self-cleaning function of the diesel particle filter is not active.
        ● The vehicle was driven at least at walking speed since the last Autostop. Otherwise an Autostop will be inhibited.
        Certain settings of the climate control system may inhibit an Autostop.
        Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

yeah I got the whole issue of why the start stop might not work, I went through them before posting (hate to waste time for people), weirdly today I booked in with VX service and it started to work, 5 or 6 times on my last journey, and I've done nothing different, not thing that did happen was I got an alert on my dash that the DPF was cleaning and to keep driving, after that cleared it was all working again

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
            My Astra Hill start was excellent, Insignia needs to be on a really steep incline to work, Astra worked anywhere with a touch of brake pedal.

yeah muy GTC 2011 worked well hence I was comparing, the siggy really is not great with this although the AFL is much better than my old GTC was

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              mine is the same, my astra was brilliant but my insignia is pants in comparison, i would like to know why

Comment

Working...
              X