Window message and door open message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window message and door open message

Hi and thanks for welcoming me to this forum . I have a 2009 cdti Sri vx Nav . It’s a stunning looking car but it tells me every morning to open and close drivers window but won’t open . Couple of miles down the road it then tells me to close drivers door . This only happens in the morning if I go to the car in the afternoon it’s perfect . I’ve taken the connector from the door pillar and it’s in good clean condition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Welcome

Your problem sounds like an electrical gremlin.
    One thing you could try, is disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes.
    This will then tell you to open and close each window in turn.
    HTH.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi,

I'd check under the door to rule out a build up of water inside from blocked grommets.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks , that worked so we will see how it goes tomorrow morning 👍.

Comment

Well got in car this morning and open and close window and drivers door message, window not opening and drivers door closed . Just went out to car park as the suns out and the cars warm and window working and no message on dash . Ill take the door panel off at lunch time and have a look inside for any water or dodgy wires .

Comment

Make sure to pull any plugs out and look for black contacts.

Comment

Hi there , I took the door panel off and its bone dry inside . checked all the plugs and pins and they are all spotless . I then took the bcm out and its the same no sign of any burnt or loose wires and no corrosion inside it . As soon as I disconnect the battery and re attach it it works straight away for a while then stops working until I disconnect it and reconnect it .

Comment

Try checking the voltage on the battery and get the battery load tested.
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Did you ever get to the bottom of this fault? I have the same issue on my passenger door. Door open constantly ringing whilst driving and open/close window message but window wont work? All loom contacts loom clean and dry

Comment

Did anyone resolve this issue?

Comment

Hello Plodalong the last post on this thread was 2019 and I don't think the members are active.
                      so if you have read through the whole thread and tried the solutions offered and you still have a fault.
                      It might be worth just trying the battery disconnected option for half an hour to see if that helps
                      If not report back .
                      As long as nothing has been changed or modified .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yes, I'm still here. Changed my window regulator and it cured my issues. Make sure part numbers are the same. The motors contain the door module too. Lots of different part numbers too ad all looms are different

Comment

Spent hours going through canbus and linbus cables and connections etc. Pulled the door loom out to check for breaks or corrosion (very common) but was all fine. Only left the module/motor. Cost me £20 off ebay, very easy to change over.. for me it was my front passenger side

Comment

Working...
                          X