Rear shock absorbers---info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear shock absorbers---info needed

Hello everyone,needing some advice here--looking at one of my rear shockers and the dust cover has dropped and needing some advice on how to put it back up-think the shocker will have to come off -looking at some and I think the correct part number is 13319433 for the Insignia ST 2.0 cdti 2013.if need be I will just change the shocks and do they come with the dust covers-----Thanks Dave

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
    Hello everyone,needing some advice here--looking at one of my rear shockers and the dust cover has dropped and needing some advice on how to put it back up-think the shocker will have to come off -looking at some and I think the correct part number is 13319433 for the Insignia ST 2.0 cdti 2013.if need be I will just change the shocks and do they come with the dust covers-----Thanks Dave
    The ones I bought didn't come with dust covers. I'm in the middle of changing my rear ones.

Comment

Mine came with them on. Mines an Elite couldn't find cheap ones. I went to Autovaux.
      They were left and right handed and had to be ordered from GM in Germany. I think I paid around £200 for the pair. Took 1/2 an hour to swap out using a windy gun.

Comment

Thanks for the replys,was wondering how the dust covers are fitted to the shocker,maybe I will have to remove it to find out before I go buying,mine a just the standard sri ones and not the flexiride ones which are handed I believe-----Dave

Comment

Thanks for the replys,was wondering how the dust covers are fitted to the shocker,maybe I will have to remove it to find out before I go buying,mine a just the standard sri ones and not the flexiride ones which are handed I believe-----Dave
          Might do mine tomorrow will post a picture

Comment

To give you an idea how the fit,they are a tight fit on the piston rod then the cover sits on the bump stop.Hth.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

thanks lads------Dave

Comment

My Elite doesn't have flexi ride but the standard shocks are left and right handed. They came with big Aluminium brackets attached that's what are 'Handed'

Comment

Working...
                X