Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox AF40 auto. Revving after gear change

Hi all.

I’m a new here and I will like to ask you guys for some advice .

Week ago I bought an Insignia 2.0 cdti 2010 with automatic transmission and I noticed that when it changing to 3rd gear the engine revvs to 2300 ( normally it change at about 2000 ) sometimes from 3rd to 4th revvs extra 200-300 .

Basically 1sr 2nd gear are nice and smooth but on the next one/two gears engine revving extra on great change.

Hope it makes sense

What to do? I heard that need to top up oil or update software ?

Looking forward for all your comments

AJ

Hello,

Sorry for delayed reply but only just joined forum. The AF40 does a warm up cycle where engine revs higher. Is this when it is cold?

Cheers,

KK

Comment

Originally posted by kchoughton View Post
      Hello,

Sorry for delayed reply but only just joined forum. The AF40 does a warm up cycle where engine revs higher. Is this when it is cold?

Cheers,

KK

Hi,

There are no different when is a cold or warm.

It seems like there are one second gap between when the gear are on ,the engine revvs like there are no gear and then change to 3rd or 4th etc...

Comment

Ow dear, that doesn’t sound well. You could try to have it flushed, that replaces all the oil in it. That sometimes helps solving gearbox issues.

Comment

As Ernst says try replacing the gearbox fluid but be warned it takes about 3-4 or 5 to fully replace all the fluid as slot of it is in the touque converter .if you are doing it yourself check the colour and smell of the old stuff if it's black and smells burnt or offish then it could be slipping was it a private buy or garage ?

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            As Ernst says try replacing the gearbox fluid but be warned it takes about 3-4 or 5 to fully replace all the fluid as slot of it is in the touque converter .if you are doing it yourself check the colour and smell of the old stuff if it's black and smells burnt or offish then it could be slipping was it a private buy or garage ?
            Did that on an AF40 in my old Saab with the same box. Did help smooth out gear changes but occasional massive slip between those gears would mean an over rev and limp home mode until restarted.

I came to conclusion that engine was either trying a regen and when trying to do a change under load, there was an over rev situation and the box didn't select the next up change until the revs dropped and then it was with a bit of a bang.

The other thing I changed was the boost control solenoid as I had the strange turbo mooing symptom when pottering around town, which I believe was the turbo over boosting too. All seemed good (most of the time) after those changes.

All similar components on the Insignia diesel autos.

Cheers,

KK

Comment

Did you get anywhere with this problem

Comment

Working...
              X