2018 Insignia B 2.0 cdti 6 speed manual Idle Speed. I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Insignia B 2.0 cdti 6 speed manual Idle Speed. I

Hi from new user. Bought my new Insignia 2.0 ltr cdti a few weeks back. But having problems when cold. The tick over is too high at about 1100 rpm. This makes driving a bit of a nightmare. Especially when cold. Have turned the heater fan down completely and this seems to work for a bit. Have read somewhere that turning heater level down to 18 helps but that doesn't work either. Windscreen mists up when fan reduced as well so a waste of time there. Just wondering what the problem could be and if this idle speed can be reduced to normal 900rpm just like my other diesel cars. Any suggestions. There's nothing in the hand book and dealer says it's normal. Oh Yeh. Something to do with pre heating they said.
    I'm not convinced. Thanks in anticipation.
    Last edited by Progrockman; 24-02-2019, 03:56 PM. Reason: Wrong phrase

Originally posted by Progrockman View Post
    Hi from new user. Bought my new Insignia 2.0 ltr cdti a few weeks back. But having problems when cold. The tick over is too high at about 1100 rpm. This makes driving a bit of a nightmare. Especially when cold. Have turned the heater fan down completely and this seems to work for a bit. Have read somewhere that turning heater level down to 18 helps but that doesn't work either. Windscreen mists up when fan reduced as well so a waste of time there. Just wondering what the problem could be and if this idle speed can be reduced to normal 900rpm just like my other diesel cars. Any suggestions. There's nothing in the hand book and dealer says it's normal. Oh Yeh. Something to do with pre heating they said.
    I'm not convinced. Thanks in anticipation.
    The definitely doesn't sound right to me, take it back to the dealer.

Comment

Hi,

Dealers will say anything to fob you off. Doesn't sound right though.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Welcome

I agree with what has already been said, take it back to the dealers to let them sort it out.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi to all. Here's an update for my post. Firstly thanks for all your comments. Have found out that the new Insignia diesel has a fast warm up cycle. This takes the idle speed up to 1100 rpm. To lower the idle you have to knock the heater down to below 16 degrees. Also turn the fan off. Thus cancels out the fast warm up. Once the engine has warmed up to about 1/4 I can turn everything up. Such a stupid idea. If only GM had left things as they were with the previous model. Obviously the petrol models are unaffected including the new 1.5ltr. Thanks to all for the advice and I hope that what I've found out will help new prospective buyers out with their choice of new car. Cheers.

Comment

That's a new one....Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure the same question will be asked again at some point.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
            X