• Show
Clear All

Just messaged them via e bay, hopefully get an answer

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Move the steering wheel to other side of the car
      That's a good idea [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Just been searching around, from what i can gather, if my unit already has nav then i cant install aftermarket android, only tesla model, seems a bit strage considering their both android operating systems

Comment

Originally posted by johnpd View Post
          Just been searching around, from what i can gather, if my unit already has nav then i cant install aftermarket android, only tesla model, seems a bit strage considering their both android operating systems
          That doesn't make any sense. The new unit will probably come with its own GPS aerial anyway, it has nothing to do with what the car already has. Talk to Icebox Auto tomorrow, you'll get a sensible answer.

Comment

At least with the older Pre-facelift model, it's as simple as getting adapter from Fakra to the more common SMA connector and then you can use the cars own GPS aerial, if yours has it.
            For example this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC-...850029025.html

Comment

Was speaking to icebox auto, according to them, only the tesla models will with 900 navi models, they said the 8inch straight swap will not work with the heating controls and the tuner controls

Comment

Was speaking to icebox auto, according to them, only the tesla models will with 900 navi models, they said the 8inch straight swap will not work with the heating controls and the tuner controls
                Fair enough, but do you ever alter the heating controls on the screen? I always use the buttons underneath.
                Don't know what you mean by tuner controls, both the 8" unit look like they come with the tuner buttons built in.

Comment

This is unit, there adamant this is only device that will work with navi 900 factory sat nav models, im going to ring now again just to be sure, ill keep u posted

Comment

After speaking on phone with iceboxauto, the reason the 8inch models wont work is the canbus and wiring will not suit, they will only work on non sat nav models

Comment

After speaking on phone with iceboxauto, the reason the 8inch models wont work is the canbus and wiring will not suit, they will only work on non sat nav models
                      I dont see the reason for that. But I'm no auto electrician

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Same here, just want to get a nice unit for google maps/waze possibly set up reverse camera, dont no what to buy now

Comment

Sorry to throw a spanner In the works but I was originally looking at the head units and ordered one.

It was via ice box autos and I called just to confirm everything was ok. Later turned out that the units you've listed above do not work with car with factory nav installed. Only the Tesla units do apparently.

Edit: sorry didn't read page 2 and 3 before posting. I held off the Tesla units due to loosing the heating controls.
                          Last edited by Jon199102; 04-03-2019, 04:49 AM. Reason: Stupidity

Comment

Did you get an update on your stereo. I also have a 2015 insignia but do not have the message/text message icon.

Comment

Yes, i ordered a tesla unit from ice box auto as these are the only ones guaranteed to work with factory nav installed

Comment

Guys, would these units be a big upgrade for an insignia sri 2015 that has no satnav, just the small screen with the buttons underneath the screen, so i could possibly get the one that is not the tesla unit, and i do not have a data plan on my android phone, so i was thinking of downloading apps on wifi from the driveway, apps like, here we go, maps.me for offline use, other than that i can not see what more use i would get out of it. Maybe i should just buy a satnav and stick it on the windscreen, which i was planning to do until i saw these icebox auto units on this forum. The unit on ebay has more of a plastic fitting around the CD player and the heating controls, the same one on their website V5548 does not have this in the pictures. Am i right in thinking that my CD player would still work if i ordered this product.

Has anyone with my type of insignia installed the V5548 unit and not had any problems later on, how straight forward or not was the installation, and do the dedicated knobs and buttons still work, rather than just the touchscreen. Icebox auto would be the guys i would buy this from, their after sales service seem brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                X