Navi 900/ android unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cranefly View Post
    I would go for the tesla unit in a hearbeat, only for loosing the dedicated climate control buttons on the facelift siggy, the pre facelift keeps its buttons by the look of it.
    The buttons will still be there as there are cutouts made for your facelift siggy.

Have a look at the stereo on net which will make a bit more sense as to what I'm saying.

Comment

Just looked at the tesla style one on icebox auto, and you would loose the factory heating controls with that unit, it looks like all the climate controls would be worked from the touchscreen, which for me would not be ideal. maybe you have a different tesla style unit in mind.

Comment

Update,so i bought a tesla unit for my 2015 insignia, mine has factory nav, had auto electrician install yesterday, no joy, it will kind of work if we leave in factory cd, we have sound, but heating controls are either off or full hot, no regulation, but it wont fit with cd left in. If we remove cd it will fit but no sound, any ideas

Comment

This is unit from ice box autos, i was assured just plug n play,

Comment

Originally posted by johnpd View Post
            This is unit from ice box autos, i was assured just plug n play,
            I'm sure these units can't be fitted if you have factory nav. Unless you start moving wires yo make it like a non nav system

Comment

Was told that the tesla models are the only ones guaranteed to work with factory nav models

Comment

Was told that the tesla models are the only ones guaranteed to work with factory nav models
                I know preface had the issue with installing aftermarket systems if you already have nav.

Are you sure all the connections are connected. Please take photos for references if you don't mind. Like the clearance of the CD player and the unit. The radio module which is the one below your right knee behind the compartment

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                  I know preface had the issue with installing aftermarket systems if you already have nav.

Are you sure all the connections are connected. Please take photos for references if you don't mind. Like the clearance of the CD player and the unit. The radio module which is the one below your right knee behind the compartment
                  Ok so i have auto electrical guys at it now, unfortunately i cant wait as have to leave car with them, so i will keep u updated if its success or not

Comment

Ok so i have auto electrical guys at it now, unfortunately i cant wait as have to leave car with them, so i will keep u updated if its success or not
                    Do you know, by how much that the cd player is sticking out which affects fitting that unit?

Comment

I dont, but guy yesterday said it simply wont fit, i rang icebox auto and they said there designed to work without cd , but when i said i had no sound or proper heating controls, they said they will contact supplier, still waiting on answer, they are selling these as plug n play, when i first contacted them 6 weeks ago about android unit they were 100% confident that these were the only units designed for factory nav insignias

Comment

I dont, but guy yesterday said it simply wont fit, i rang icebox auto and they said there designed to work without cd , but when i said i had no sound or proper heating controls, they said they will contact supplier, still waiting on answer, they are selling these as plug n play, when i first contacted them 6 weeks ago about android unit they were 100% confident that these were the only units designed for factory nav insignias
                        I pmed you on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                        X