Navi 900/ android unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 900/ android unit

Hi. Just joined and recently bought a insignia, early 2015 model, it has a navi 900 system, my question is can this be replaced with a android unit as mine is pretty basic, have looked online and cant find a definative answer, was thinking of buying a unit from aliexpress, any seller i have messaged says it will work,from what i read online some say if it has nav factory fitted then we cant replace them, couple of sellers on e bay reckon i need a tesla unit, i have attached some pics, any help would be greatly appreciated,some of these android units look identical in terms of fitting

Don't see why not, you will end up with an extra GPS antenna under the dash as you probably can't use the factory fitted one. All the aftermarket units I have had in the past came with their own GPS antenna.

Have you looked at Icebox Auto? They are UK based and will give you great tech support if you need it. They will also make sure that the unit is compatible with your car. http://www.iceboxauto.co.uk/

I've had units from Aliexpress before and the support was no existent!

Comment

So u think it would be a straigh swap , here is a message from seller on aliexpress,

Comment

Originally posted by johnpd View Post
        So u think it would be a straigh swap , here is a message from seller on aliexpress,
        Not a very convincing reply

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yes, it probably will be, but what will the support be like once they have your money?

I would only buy from the UK now

Comment

Just checked on iceboxauto, they only sell the tesla models from 2014 up on their website, i mean if u look at pics of android unit, they look identical in size,

Comment

Just checked on iceboxauto, they only sell the tesla models from 2014 up on their website, i mean if u look at pics of android unit, they look identical in size,
              What about these:
              http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-i...ndroid-7-h5548

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhall-o...ndroid-8-v5548

Comment

Seen them, but my car is 2015, these are 2014 model, ill mesage them in morning ,see what they say

Comment

Seen them, but my car is 2015, these are 2014 model, ill mesage them in morning ,see what they say
                  I doubt that will make any difference, the facelifted Insignia started in 2013.
                  A 2014 unit will fit a 2015 car.

Comment

Cool thanks, did not know that, hopefully get something sorted, them links u sent me are identical to ones on ali expess and a lot cheaper .

Comment

Cool thanks, did not know that, hopefully get something sorted, them links u sent me are identical to ones on ali expess and a lot cheaper .
                      No problem

Comment

It's from icebox also

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          I think that's for left hand drive Matt (last photo)

Comment

Show that can be overcome

Comment

Move the steering wheel to other side of the car

Comment

Working...
                              X