New and unsure...Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and unsure...Help!

Have a insignia 60 plate cdti estate. I want to upgrade from the standard cd400 unit to a Mac/Bluetooth unit. I have seen alot about upgrading to a Bluetooth module but this would limit sound to front speakers only. Any advice would be great ?

New android unit, parrot, aux cable.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Would it be worth upgrading to original nav/Bluetooth Vauxhall unit at all

Comment

Originally posted by Markmcdowell86 View Post
        Would it be worth upgrading to original nav/Bluetooth Vauxhall unit at all
        See Lewish, its expensive I believe.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

New and unsure...Help!

For retrofitting factory

You need. Hmi, radio module, screen, gps antenna, a load of wire, usb adaptions, and a piece of wiring making up, its quite a mission to do, you have 4 wires behind radio to splice into, then there’s about 6 wires that need wiring into the bcm. Took me and lewish almost 5-6 hours to do mine I’d say. But I did the bcm wires at a later date. All in all cost me around £350-£400. Lewish sold me screen etc cheap. It’s the cost of having it coded to your car that’s the big whammy. Mine had to go to Italy and back for coding to my vin.

14 Facelift ecoflex, 2.0 CDTI 190, Nav, S/S

Comment

Okay, seems alot of hassle and time.....any other ideas Mainly for Bluetooth that will allow connectivity through all speakers

Comment

Originally posted by Markmcdowell86 View Post
              Okay, seems alot of hassle and time.....any other ideas Mainly for Bluetooth that will allow connectivity through all speakers
              3.5mm bluetooth adapter in the aux port?

Comment

Is the quality any good. My issue is being able to utilise the steering controls for this. Mainly reason for wanting a unit allowing the use of controls

Comment

Fit an Android unit.

Easy to do yourself and no dealer coding required.

Plenty of advice available on this, and other forums.

Comment

Any unit recommendations

Comment

You ned to browse the internet to see what is available. Don't be put off with Chinese products from China, they are usually very good with fast delivery, also you will finde that most of the aftermarket devicesw originate from Chinese manufacturers, who ever sell them.

I. personally would look for a product that uses the Rockchip PX5 CPU with 4Gb of rom and 32Gb of ram. This gives you a fast speed with plenty of room to download lots of apps.

One thing to ensure is that Wi-Fi and bluetooth are properly functional. The bluetooth module on early PX5 combinations worked perfectly well, but on later modules[type 2] it did not function correctly under Android 8. I suspect that this has now been corrected and the above link is for such a device, available from E-bay.

You can also go for devices with PX3 processors running Android 8.1. Which apparently does not suffer from the bluetooth bug, but is somehat slower and has less rom.

The navigation software is freely available for purchase from Playstore. The unit will come, probably loaded with Igo software, but not a very good version of it. Much better versions of this software is available from many sources but it is usually of dubious origin.

Comment

Brillianct thanks for the info helps alot

Comment

Working...
                        X