Navi 900/Intellilink Navi 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 900/Intellilink Navi 900

What is the difference between the navi 900/touch r700 and the navi 900 Intellilink? They both look identical but vauxhall says I cannot update my system which is the navi 900/touch r700. It is on a 63 plate insignia so probably an early version but surely there should be firmware updates for it. Hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance for your help.

Originally posted by draven66 View Post
    What is the difference between the navi 900/touch r700 and the navi 900 Intellilink? They both look identical but vauxhall says I cannot update my system which is the navi 900/touch r700. It is on a 63 plate insignia so probably an early version but surely there should be firmware updates for it. Hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance for your help.
    I wouldn't take what Vx say as gospel.

Wait for an answer here but what do Vx know they only make the cars!!

Comment

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure the differences between the 900/Touch R700 and the Navi 900 Intellilink but I do know newer Navi 900 systems have different hardware inside so you can't update the software on an older one to the same spec as a new one. It's possible it could be the same reason you can't update the 900/Touch R700 to Navi 900 Intellilink.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Ok so it may have different hardware inside but the basic software will be the same. I know it's different but using my phone as an example I have an s8 phone which has different hardware to the new s10 but I am still running the same version of Android on the s8 as is on the s10. Why would this not be the case for the in car unit. My answer would be so you have to upgrade the system with the newer model but that can't be right as vauxhall said they won't do that.

Comment

Working...
        X