Engine flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine flush

Just had my 2010 2.0 cdti serviced, all filters changed, fuel treatment, other service items done. What's slightly worried me is the garage has given it an engine flush, personally I don't like them, but they told it is standard procedure on a service and I've no need to worry.

That's news to me, anyone know otherwise?

Never had an engine flushed in all the years I have owned cars,no need really if you do regular oil and filter changes---never heard of it being a standard procedure in any car service-----Dave

Comment

I hadn't either.. never used them myself, think I'll drop oil in few mth n change it just incase it was contaminated.. or had picked up any bits from. The flush.

Comment

Engine flushes are best done from new. If a car has gone a number of years before having its first one you risk disturbing any settled crap that's built up over time.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I agree. Luckily it's been serviced by a main dealer every yr so it's had regular changes upto when I got it last December. Been 6k since it's last service hence me having it done yesterday so I think it'll be fine but to be safe I'll drop the oil in mth or so n do filter..

Comment

I would,you will have piece of mind,bite the bullet and do oil/filter as soon as.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I'm fitting new brembo discs and pads this wk so will do it same time.. just need to pick up a filter 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                Never had an engine flushed in all the years I have owned cars,no need really if you do regular oil and filter changes---never heard of it being a standard procedure in any car service-----Dave
                This is what my mechanik sad to me on same question...BUT...regardles of regular oil change I got turbo oil feed pipe cloged...After repair of turbo, I was advise to flush engine and/or reduce oil change period couple of times to clean itself.
                There are 2 ways:
                -FLUSHING OIL, thin mineral oil with high detergent content. Drain old oil and filter(would be good to change filter as well), pour FLUSHING OIL 3/4 of engine oil capacity, let it idle fo 20-30min. Drain oil and filter, replace filter and pour new oil. This is gentle way, melting down gunk and no debrise is made in engine, but is more complicated and time consuming.

-ENGINE FLUSH aditives, usualy 250-350ml can container that you pour in warm engine oil, let it idle 5-15min, drain old oil, replace filter and oil...that is it. Any extra step is adding aditive and idle for a while. It is higly agresive, if lot of gunk in motor can cause oil pump to clog by debris.

I will soon go with metod one, got 5L can of MARLY FLUSHING OIL, 2 filters and 6L Dexos2 5w-30 motor oil. Manage to find sump plug seal too, so will also change that.
                Also on older car if seal is worn, oil leak can occur due to removing deposit that stop leak in first place...

Little off but...
                Some 20years ago I had car, petrol. After oil change and engine working for short time, oil on dipstick was black. After some time oil pump was cloged, oil check came on. I remove bottom to get oil pump out and I found mudd/meyo stuff all over engine. Remove like 1 or 2 kg of mudd, clean oil pump filter\catcher, close it all, pour disel in engine, remove spark plug and crank it for 10sec. let it sit for a while than again and again. Drain disel, pour some old oil, crank it again to collect diesel, drain it, replace filter and oil and everything work great again...For a while oil was like honey and start to go brown as time pass, like it should

Comment

Hi Dave
                  After getting a quote from my local garage to change oil and filter on my 2016 2.0 Cdti 170 Facelift
                  I fancy having a go myself, but not sure where oil filter resides, and what oil spec to put in it
                  any knowledgable chaps on here to come back with guidance or pics ?
                  thanks for anticipated replies Keith

Comment

Hello Keith,if you have the same engine as mine I always use Vauxhall dexos 2 oil--5w 30 or the Shell helix with the same spec---on mine I have to remove the drivers side front wheel and you can get to the filter that way---engine oil removal is either suck it out or lift the front up and drop the tray---I tend to use the fluid pump [got mine from Aldi ] to suck it out and I change the oil at least twice a year----I do lift the car up on ramps to drop the undertray if i'm feeling up to it----i'm sure that there is a how 2 on here or even on youtube---you just need to check where your oil filter is----hope that helps--Dave

Comment

Hello Keith as Dave above dexos 2 spec oil .
                      Filter housing is accessible from behind o/s wheel arch , it's at the back of the engine
                      To get filter housing / cannister off you require a 32mm socket as in photo the canister is black plastic with the 32mm end .undo just like any normal bolt , but put a piece of card underneath to catch any oil . , remove pull off the filter element , replace clip it on and in the new filter box will be 2 or 2 big rubber O rings they go on the threads of canister , remove old ones and replace with new .
                      The socket is available on that well known auction site .
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	243191
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	243192
                      Some kind person has done thease for everyone

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

i tend to do an engine oil flush every other oil change. I am used to tuning the t1ts off my cars and know the need to keep the oil and oil galleries in tip top condition. Dirty oil is the biggest killer of turbos and dirty oil galleries reduces the flow of oil to things like chain tensioners causing premataure wear and potential failure..

Its up to you if you wish to do it but i have never had any internal wear issues or failure of my modified turbos or chains, I tend to double the horsepower on my cars and they went like the proverbial or a shovel despite having over 100k on the clock....

Comment

Hi Dave
                          I dont know if I have struck lucky or not but I followed you comment on how to find oil filter
                          location as you suggested on youtube this was on a 2015 2.0 Cdti engine and mine looks
                          like it i will attach pics of it ...Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	243197Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	243198
                          there looks like a oil pipe coming from it to feed the Turbo ??

Comment

Dave where do you buy your oils from, I have seen various prices, there is a source on Ebay, which includes all filters plus oil
                            but at the moment I only need oil and filter, eurocarparts, have some silly prices, wwhen I put my car reg in...

Comment

Hi Dave
                              Any chance of coming up to yours soon to use your ramps, I gave mine away
                              several years ago, wished I had kept them now !!

Regards Keith..

Comment

Working...
                              X