Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in a diesel

Evening all !

I've just found the site while researching potential mods for my new-to-me car, which I pick up on Friday.

It's a 2011 2.0 CDTI 160ps SRI VX Line.

I was previously over on VXRO with an Astra VXR (progress thread HERE if anyone is interested) but a marriage and baby later I'm back in a "sensible" car, and looking to make it my own.

Plans:

EGR blank (had problems on my old 1.9 Zafira)
    Lowering springs
    Some form of exhaust mod whilst keeping it legal. Been looking at this Remus https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/remu...0080598cl-akn/
    FMIC
    Remap

What can be done with the exhaust on these? Is there a pre-cat decat available - I can't find one.

Welcome to tractor land. Not sure you’ll notice a difference with a FMIC. I’ve done a lot of reading as I have a hybrid. It was suggested that cheap ones with a bad core make performance worse so if you get one needs to be a good one. If you have it mapped they can just map the egr out did with mine. Also exhaust wise it can be adverse. More aesthetics than anything in my eyes. Read lots of contradictions about them too. I’ve just got one to match the bi turbo but won’t add anything to the horse count.
    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Astra looks well ! I’m a fan of that
      The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
        Welcome to tractor land. Not sure you’ll notice a difference with a FMIC. I’ve done a lot of reading as I have a hybrid. It was suggested that cheap ones with a bad core make performance worse so if you get one needs to be a good one. If you have it mapped they can just map the egr out did with mine. Also exhaust wise it can be adverse. More aesthetics than anything in my eyes. Read lots of contradictions about them too. I’ve just got one to match the bi turbo but won’t add anything to the horse count.
        My only experience of diesel is my old 1.9 150 Zafira. I had an FMIC on that but no idea if it made any difference as Regal remapped it at the same time. The exhaust is mostly for looks and ideally sound, although I'm told results are limited on a diesel. Not so worried about making more horses from it.

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
        Astra looks well ! I’m a fan of that
        Thanks! I miss it a lot

Comment

From what I understand it’s the law to put a photo up of your car when you collect it !

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey7574 View Post
            My only experience of diesel is my old 1.9 150 Zafira. I had an FMIC on that but no idea if it made any difference as Regal remapped it at the same time. The exhaust is mostly for looks and ideally sound, although I'm told results are limited on a diesel. Not so worried about making more horses from it.

Thanks! I miss it a lot
            Could get costly [emoji85][emoji85]

Comment

Welcome
              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi,

With the correct mods you will easily get your new Insignia looking like the Astra.....Plenty of ideas on here. Just look up Russ' and Pondy's progress threads for a start. Both started life as normal Insignias.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                  Hi,

With the correct mods you will easily get your new Insignia looking like the Astra.....Plenty of ideas on here. Just look up Russ' and Pondy's progress threads for a start. Both started life as normal Insignias.
                  Welcome mate

Don't listen to this.....the only way you'll get your insignia to look like an Astra is by selling it and buying.......

......an ASTRA

Russ and pondys still look like insignias

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    Welcome mate

Don't listen to this.....the only way you'll get your insignia to look like an Astra is by selling it and buying.......

......an ASTRA

Russ and pondys still look like insignias
                    I meant they turned them into VXRs.....Try to keep up
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      I meant they turned them into VXRs.....Try to keep up
                      But they don't look like an Astra

Comment

But they don't look like an Astra
                        Ok I submit... I'll choose my words more carefully next time.

Comment

Suppose I'll be banned now for talking back to the fhurer

Comment

Suppose I'll be banned now for talking back to the fhurer
                            What do you take me for? I'd never do that. Anyway, I've gone one better! I'll wait for you to spot it

Comment

I've never tried them.....

Comment

Working...
                              X