Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring problem

hi im new here
    ive just fitted a towbar and the problem im having is joining the relay to the loom cant seem to find a list of the colour codes .i looked on utube but the guys wire colurs are different to mine has anyone got a list of the wire colours for the rear lights to a 2013 insignia,

I done mine a few months ago (2014) I might have the colours somewhere but they are different from what I found on the internet. Make sure you use a smart relay for the wiring I took 12v for the smart relay from my battery but there is 12v in the boot at the passanger side. I took the connector of the light units and used a multimeter on the connector pins to get the correct wires for each light.
    I'll have a look and see if I can find the wire colours when I done it.

Comment

wiring prob

thanks that would be great if you have them to hand, thought of using meter but was not sure it would work due to the electronics

Comment

Originally posted by xpurt View Post
        thanks that would be great if you have them to hand, thought of using meter but was not sure it would work due to the electronics
        It works fine you just need to make sure you use the smart relay, I found using the meter on the rear light connectors was the easiest way to do it as when I searched the internet for the wire colours some matched but others didn't.

Here is a guide for the bypass relay https://www.towsure.com/fit_a_multiplex_bypass_relay

Comment

Originally posted by xpurt View Post
          I can't find the wiring from when I done mine but as I said just use a meter on the back light connectors.

Comment

Should be correct diagrams in post below
            Last edited by Minuteman; 02-03-2019, 02:01 PM.
            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Last edited by Minuteman; 02-03-2019, 01:39 PM.
              sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Working...
              X